Chapter 16

After the graduation ceremony Ananya went with her friends to celebrate it in a hotel, Nikhil wasn't aware of which hotel Ananya went with her friends. He tried to protest but Ananya didn't listen to him and went.

Nikhil was checking the clock every minutes, for Nikhil the clock was going very slow. Shreya called then and for some reason Nikhil felt annoyed "why is she calling me now ?" Nikhil thought .

Normally their conversation would last a long time but today Nikhil was eager to stop the conversation. Nikhil quickly made up reasons to end the call and ended it. Shreya somehow didn't feel right, she felt as if something was wrong with Nikhil today.

It was now midnight, Ananya still hadn't returned. Nikhil wanted to call her but he didnt have her number, finally at 12:30 Ananya entered their room.

"Ananya what time is this ?" Nikhil asked Ananya tightening his fist.

"Its 12:30 Nikhil, look the clock is over there have a look" Ananya pointed her fingers over to the clock and went past Nikhil. As Ananya was  entering the bathroom Nikhil grabbed her hand and said "do you know how bloody tensed and restless I was ? "

Ananya was surprised "tensed ? Nikhil why were you so tensed about someone who you absolutely hate ?". Nikhil had accidentally said that he didn't mean to say it "well until we divorce you are my responsibility" Nikhil said to get out of the knot he created.

Ananya then looked at her hands and Nikhil's tight grip, "please leave my hand Nikhil your hurting me" Ananya said, Nikhil slowly released the grip. Without Ananya realizing a small smile formed, however many times she told herself that she shouldn't have hope in Nikhil  case she was developing some unknown feelings for him. And today she understood that inside Nikhil's heart there was something for her, but...

But Shreya was the issue, as long as Shreya is in Nikhil's life he won't ever change even if Nikhil wants to.

//

As the days were moving on Nikhil was starting to enjoy Ananya's presence around him, infact going to Manchester together has made them more closer. Ananya was now comfortable having a conversation with him and in the same way Nikhil was much more polite with her and actually started considering her as person with emotions and feelings. However, Nikhil has finally prepared all the divorce papers for Ananya to sign, he hasn't showed it to Ananya yet infact he has just kept it in his drawer to give it to Ananya another time.

When they returned to India Ananya had applied for some jobs, after attending few interviews Ananya finally got a job. Nikhil and rest if her family was against the idea of Ananya to going to work but Ananya convinced Nikhil that without money she wouldn't be able to pay him his rent Nikhil finally agreed, Nikhil wasn't completely fond of where Ananya was working either.

It was Ananya's first day at work today, she got up early in the morning and had a hot shower and wore a simple blue cotton saree and braided her hair neatly. Then after eating her breakfast she picked up her bag and few files required for her first day at work. When she was going to leave Nikhil stopped her and said to her sternly "Ananya your not going to work today", thinking Nikhil was being a jerk like usual Ananya said "Nikhil stop controlling me !! It's my first day of work and I can't afford to miss it sorry" Ananya said and carried on walking clutching her bag.

Nevertheless, Nikhil grabbed Ananya's hand. Ananya felt as if something wasn't right, when she looked into Nikhil's eyes to question why he grabbed her hands Ananya saw that his eyes conveyed some sort of sympathy towards Ananya, she didn't understand why she was feeling that way.

"Nikhil please don't create a scene now, why you stopping me from going to work now ?" Ananya questioned Nikhil

"Anu I can't tell you the exact reason now but please come with me, you will understand why I am saying this after coming with me". Nikhil then folded his hands and requested. At that point Ananya Ananya understood that something wasn't right because first of all Nikhil wasn't acting as his usual self today and she couldn't just ignore Nikhils pleading. Ananya's heart melted when Nikhil  called her Anu instead of Ananya, it gave her a completely new feeling....

"Fine I will come with you Nikhil, but if Nikhil it was for something totally pointless then I will lose all my patience with you" Ananya said makung Nikhil nod and followed Nikhil towards his car. Nikhil opened the door of the car for Ananya, Nikhil was trying his best to be nice as possible to Ananya today because he knows well that this is the time which she needs some compassion and sympathy from him.

Ananya's heart was racing more and more as each second passed. She wanted to ask Nikhil what the matter was but she refrained herself from it and prayed to God mentally, one side of her heart told her that maybe Nikhil is doing this purposely so she wouldn't go to work she knew well that she couldn't trust Nikhil well enough but the way he spoke to Ananya today and his gestures all showed signs that something was wrong because he is never normally this nice ...

Ananya noticed that Nikhils mind was disturbed because he wasn't fully concentrating  whilst driving and he was getting restless sitting on the car seat. At one point he even placed his hands on Ananya's shoulder and said "pray to God". At that moment it because clear that something was seriously wrong.

Furthermore, Ananya then started questioning Nikhil but he didn't  reply anything making Ananya annoyed and frustrated. At last Nikhil stopped his car in front of St John's Hospital !!! And gently held Ananya's hands and said "Ananya whatever news your going to hear in a few minutes please remain strong, don't think you have no one, I will be at your side ".

Tears started streaming down Ananya's cheeks, many questions crossed Ananya's mind and she starting sweating and her heartbeat increased.

Did something happen to anyone ?

Why is Nikhil saying I have to remain strong ?

Did I loose anyone special ?

Many questions like that crossed Ananya's mind, Nikhil then helped her get out of the car and surprisingly put his arms around her and walked to St John's hospital. Nikhil was more than stressed thinking how he will present the news to Ananya and what her reaction will be when she hears the news. As well as Ananya's reaction he was equally tensed about how Priya will react to the news.

Nikhil promised himself that he wont act as a jerk to Ananya especially because of how much of a tough time it is for Ananya now.

..................................................................

First of all I want to apologise to all my readers for not updating the chapter in a long time !! I got really busy that I wasn't able to spare any time. I apologise again and will try to update the next chapter as quick as I could.

How was the chapter guys ? I didn't proof read the chapter so please do ignore any grammatical errors

What do you all think has happened ?

Will Nikhil become a pillar of strength at the his tough time for Ananya ?

How was Nikhil in this chapter?

How was Ananya ?

Sorry for the short chapter as well !!!