Chapter 1

. . . Author's POV      -   Ramachandra Family . . . 

Today Ananya was returning from Manchester after completing her MBA studies. The Ramachandra family was all excited to welcome Ananya back home. They haven't seen their daughter in a while. ''Revathy, did Varun call? Did he see Ananya?'' Shekar asked his wife Revathy.

''Yes, Varun just rang and informed me that Ananya is with him in the car. I'm just too eager to finally meet my child'' Revathy said after placing the final dish Revathy had made for Ananya on the table.

''Yes yes. So am I Revathy.  I'll come back in 30 minutes. New crops have arrived and I need to sort it out'' and Shekar left.

Soon after, Varun's car entered inside the gates. From the noise of the car entering Revathy knew her kids had arrived. Revathy ran to welcome Ananya. Ananya had already got out of the car when Revathy reached there. Revathy rushed to Ananya and hugged her. ''I missed you so much my child, welcome back home'' Revathy said, kissing Ananya's forehead with tears flowing down her cheeks.

''I missed you too Amma!! I'm so happy to be back!!! Why are you crying Amma? Come on cheer up. I can't wait to eat all the delicious food you have prepared for me'' Ananya said trying to cheer her mother up.

''Come dear. First go and freshen up. Then I'll serve you food. Your room has been cleaned and it is all ready for you'' Revathy said.

''Thanks Amma, let me get fresh and I'll be back'' Ananya said and went to get fresh. Finally after making Varun and Revathy wait for at least an hour Ananya came back wearing her favourite Salwar. ''Anu, you still haven't learned to shower quicker even after staying away from home? I thought you would've learned to do things much faster as you had to do everything by yourself'' Revathy scolded her daughter.

''Amma, sorry sorry!! You know how I'm like. I like taking time to do things''. Ananya replied chuckling.

''Hmm go and sit down Anu. Amma has prepared Rice and sambar specially for you'' Varun said to his sister.

''Amma, when will Appa come? I thought he would've stayed today to welcome me'' Ananya asked Revathy as she settled onto her seat.

''You know what your father is like. His main priority is farming and crops'' As soon as Revathy had said that, Shekar walked into the dining room. Soon as Ananya saw her father walking inside the room, she ran and hugged him and Shekar hugged her back. ''How are you Anu?'' Shekar asked his daughter.

''I'm a good Appa. I missed you a lot. Why weren't you there to welcome me home?'' Ananya asked her father, making a sad face.

''Sorry Anu, New crops arrived. I had to urgently get there and sort it out'' Shekar told his daughter while patting her head lovingly.

''It's ok Appa, I can understand'' Ananya said, smiling brightly at him and pulling him towards the dining table.

Soon the family had food together after a long time and discussed Ananya's life in Manchester and different things that had happened when Ananya left.

Soon when everyone went to their respective bedrooms to sleep, Shekar asked Revathy ''Ananya is turning 24 soon. Don't you think it's time to get her married?''

''Yes Shekar, even i thought about it too, but from what Varun told me, I know that she doesn't want to get married so soon. You know her passion for Bharatanatyam, right? Apparently she wants to continue practicing it and eventually start her own Bharatanatyam classes and study further. You know she only did MBA for our satisfaction. Even while pursuing MBA, she had Bharatanatyam in her mind. Let's allow our daughter to pursue her dream Shekar'' Revathy replied to Shekar.

''Hmm. Let her do what she wants to do for now but I want her to be married by at least when she is 25'' Shekar told his wife.

''Hmm, you know Varun is older than Anu. Why can't we think about getting him married? He likes Parvathy's daughter Priya and she likes him too. Why can't we speak to Ravinath and Parvathy about it?'' Revathy asked her husband.

"You are right. I will ask Ravinath soon. They both like each other so that shouldn't really be a problem. Also a few years ago, Ravinath mentioned asking Anu's (Ananya's) hand for marriage with Nikhil. I don't know if he still wants that'' Shekar said.

''Oh yeah. He did mention that. When you ask about Varun and Priya's marriage, ask if he still wants Nikhil to marry our Ananya'' Revathy said to her husband. They both fell asleep after talking for some more time about their children.