Chapter 29

This week went like a blink of an eye, tomorrow was the event. And day after tomorrow Ananya would go back to Bangalore. In between this Ananya has spoken to Nikhil through phone just to discuss information regarding the event, both didn't dare to speak anything informal. Their conversations were just filled with to much awkwardness.

Ananya and Devi was sitting in the balcony and drinking tea when someone rang the door bell. Both Devi and Ananya couldn't be asked to move out from where they were sitting. After a lot of arguement Ananya finally gave up and went to open the door. For a second Ananya's heart froze seeing her best friend who she had no contact with in the last 3 years. Yes it was Priya ....

"Priya ?" Ananya managed to say

"Oh so you remember me ?" Priya mocked Ananya.

"Priya come in " Ananya invited her in.

As Priya walked into the room Devi came into the hall from the balcony with a confused expression as she didn't know who Priya was.

Priya introduced herself to Devi and Devi politely introduced herself and excuse out of the room leaving some privacy for them she knew something wasn't right.

After a long awkward silence Priya looked into Ananya's eyes and asked her "Do you not see me as a friend anymore Anu ?" Priya on the verge of crying.

"Priya of course I do ... my situation was like that 3 years ago !!! After hearing that Shreya was pregnant my mind went cloudy and leaving from Nikhils life was the only thing I could think of. " Ananya blurted out.

Priya walked upto and looked into her eyes and said "Anu ok I can understand maybe I would've done that in the same situation but why did you end all your contact with me ? I was there for you since the beginning but you left me when I need you the most !! Do you know how much of a shock it was for me hearing that you left ? As a friend I thought you would be there for me as a support system during my labour process and all. Not even after my baby was born you came to visit me once!!!" Priya said wiping away her tears.

"Priya there hasn't been a day that I've thought about you and my Varun's child leaving without at least informing you was a wrong decision I agree but I was blinded with hatred towards Nikhil then I couldn't think of anything else. I have thought many times to come and visit you and your baby after that but having to maybe encounter Nikhil or Shreya in my visit backed me out from the idea Priya. Please forgive me Priya " Ananya said to her friend

"Hmm. Do you still have the same hatred towards Nikhil even today ?" Priya asked

"I don't know but I know one thing that Nikhil's not in my heart anymore he lost that place ages ago". Ananya said boldly.

"I visited you today only because I wanted to tell you what happened in Nikhil's life after you left not to reconcile our friendship" Priya said

"Priya ?" Ananya said confused

"Nikhil is not living happily with Shreya like your thinking ... " Priya said

"What ?" Ananya said to Priya in an even more confused tone !!

"Nikhil asked Shreya to move out into another house after you left, Shreya didn't agree first but after a lot of pressure from Nikhil she eventually moved out but under one condition that she will move back in after the DNA results are out. Time passed and Nikhil grew more and more alcoholic, finally dad made him move in with us so at least we can control his drinking habits.

Time again passed on and eventually Shreya gave birth to a baby boy. Immediately Nikhil did the DNA test, Shreya did a lot to tamper the DNA test results but luckily Nikhil caught her red handed whenever she tried to do it and finally the day Nikhil had waited for arrived and it was proven the child wasn't Nikhil's."

Ananya's face was now fully red and she was now leaning onto the wall for support. Ananya wasn't able to handle the information.

Priya then continued "Nikhil rejoiced with happiness but at the same time the anger inside him rose and he was ready to murder Shreya anytime when he found out. But Nikhil controlled his anger and went to her house that day to have a word with and inform her of how he is going to file a case against her.

However, when he went to where Shreya was living Nikhil felt more than betrayed.
The main door was already opened therefore, Nikhil entered inside the house and the first thing he saw was Vijay making out with Shreya. Nikhil was burning with anger at this point and he never felt more betrayed.

Nikhil went upto them and immediately slapped his best friend right across the face !! As Nikhil lifted his hand to slap him again Shreya caught Nikhil's hand and shouted at him to stop.

"Leave my hand you blood s***" Nikhil roared !!! Why did you bring me into this bloody mess ??" Nikhil questioned them.

After a long silence Vijay who Nikhil thought was his friend started speaking leaving Nikhil speechless.

"Nikhil theres no point in lying anymore because of how you caught us. Me and Shreya have been in a relationship since the last 5 years. In order to lead a better life we needed money so I asked Shreya to link up you and pretend to date you so with your influence she can get better modelling jobs. But after you married Ananya your attention from Shreya was slowly decreasing with is why she pretended that she was pregnant with your child.it was our plan...

The child was mine, I wanted more cash to raise my child well, I didn't want him going through what i went through in life because of how I didn't have money !!!" Vijay said wiping away the blood which was coming down from his nose.

"Am I f****** puppet for you two to play with ?" Nikhil screamed. Nikhil felt as if he was going to loose at any point "Vijay I will never forget how you made me a fool !!! You both ruined mine and Ananya's life !!! What pleasure did you get from it ??? " Nikhil asked them clutching onto Vijay's collar, nikhil was going through various emotions at this point. Mostly he felt betrayed and that increased his anger !!!

A mix of emotions ran through Ananya's mind after hearing the flashback. She felt numb neither she knew how to react to what she had just heard.

Suddenly Priya's phone rang and she quickly rushed to leave "Ananya I have to leave now. I'm only telling you this part of the story, when time permits I will tell you the rest. I have to go now". Priya said and left the room.

Ananya wanted to ask Proya what happened after that to Shreya and Vijay but Ananya was more than shocked to bring out words from her mouth.

I should've waited .....

How will I be able to make it up for this ?

Many thought like that crossed Ananya's mind ....

...........................................................
I am really sorry guys for the slow update !!! Will try to update the next chapter as soon a possible!!!

How was this chapter ?

Will this make Ananya go back to Nikhil ? Even if she does will Nikhil accept her ?

What may have happened to Vijay and Shreya ?

I haven't proof read this chapter therefore please ignore the mistakes in this chapter ❤❤❤❤