{21} She reminded me of you

Alex and some other guys were more drunk than ever. He let the girls fondle, rub, kiss, touch him, freely and despite all this madness he was responding. Dammit! What a fool he was, how lame. I hated him so much those moments. I wanted to break every single bottle of beer on his head.

John tried to approach me several times, either by placing his arm around my waist or by touching my hands. I was trying to distend myself as much as I could with the most distinctive and polite way I knew. I felt bad for him, I knew he was really good and honorable but I couldn't ever imagine him as my boyfriend.

«Eva is there something wrong?» he asked me. I jumped in surprise as John's voice abruptly called me out of my thoughts.

«I just zoned out for a little.» I explained.

«Yeah I figured.» he half mocks.

«I don't get him.» I suddenly started searching for Alex in the crowd but I couldn't find him anywhere.

«Do we have to talk about him again?» his sighs.

«It's just that.. something doesn't fit.» I admit while looking at him.

«John, his sister is dead and that doesn't prevent him from drinking and having fun with a bunch of girls.» I said almost whispering.

I knew this was an issue I shouldn't have started, but I was thinking about it almost all day long. I felt like I needed to talk about it with someone who would understand me and wouldn't make me look like a maniac.

«What a jerk.» John mumbles. Finally someone who agrees that this is absurd. Suddenly I feel his index finger turning my face so I could look at his.

«Eva stop thinking about him.» he tells me and forces me to look at him.

«Think about me.» he sounds like he was begging me.

His face started approaching mine. While he already had his eyes closed, I had mine wide open. My body was frozen.

«Uhm yeah, uhm I need to go to the bathroom!» I spit out the first excuse that comes to my head and start running to the opposite direction.

I head to a corridor that had a lot of doors. I immediately opened the first door on my left, hoping that it's the bathroom.

I turned my head and looked at the inside of the room. I saw Alex laying on bed and a girl standing. She looked like she just got dressed. As soon as she looks at me, her face got angry. She quickly zips her shirt and passes by me with annoyance. Oh God I wanted to disappear.

Before I even managed to open my mouth, Alex takes over.

«No, no way I'm not doing another round.» he drops his head exhausted on the bed. Should have seen that coming from Alex.

«Don't flatter yourself Alex, I just got lost.» I explained. The first thing I was planning to do was to leave, but then the previous events occurred my mind.

I hectically entered the room and close the door behind me.

«But since things came out this way, I wanna talk.» I announce.

«I'd rather have another round he tells me.» I choose to ignore his rude answer.

«Why did you help this girl?» I got right to the point.

«Mmm, go away Eva, I'm really bored to have a conversation.» he groans and brings a pillow on his face, holding it there.

«No.» I answer.

«Of course not.» I hear him sigh.

«You're acting weird lately.» I get closer to the bed, where he was laying his body. I knew he was drunk but I was hoping it would help me in that case. Maybe he would open up easier.