Going to School in 2020 💜

Hello there lovelies! We all know by now that 2020 has been a complete rollercoaster for so many, including myself.

This year, in fact, was my first year of transferring from a tiny private school to a gigantic (by comparison), public school. I was one million percent terrified honestly. Sure, I kind of knew about some teachers and some upper classmen from my siblings, but everything is still kind of unfamiliar.

Today, I'm gonna let you know some of my best tips to adjust to a whole new world. *Aladdin playing firmly in the background*

1- Be respectful and kind to everyone. We're all in our own situations, and the least you can do is show someone an act of kindness.

2- Try to be patient with teachers. They probably aren't used to having to teach in different ways.

3- I know with 2020ness it's probably harder for this, but try to get involved in stuff you're interested in, whether in actual classes or extracurriculars. I myself actually added more choir to my schedule since I'm now obsessed-
But definitely participate in stuff you'll like, because you'll meet awesome people along the way.

4- If teachers let you make corrections on assignments, TAKE ADVANTAGE OF IT!! Can't stress that enough.

5- This is pretty cliche, but be yourself. :D (For example, I have this weird habit when I like half-laugh where I make a "thh" sound typed thing, and people apparently love that about me....lol.)

6- Keep your stuff organized. I'm not the most organized person on this planet, but keeping binders and folders around is so helpful. 

7- Ask people for help if you need it!! 

-8- Try to keep your phone in your pocket or backpack unless you actually need it for school. It's definitely helpful for you to stay on task and get lots of work accomplished while at school! 

9- Try starting a conversation. Personally, I find this the hardest thing to do because I overthink everything, but simply ask a person how they're doing or how their weekend went. 

10- For making friends, I would like to point out my third live-saving tip. If you aren't able to join any extracurriculars, try being around people that seem nice or similar to you. That's kinda how me and one of my friends got to be friends, but I don't really know how it happened honestly lol. 

As for my fully virtual friends, I'm sorry. This sucks. 2020 sucks. No one wanted any of this to happen. But, you can still make the best of a very unfortunate situation, and try your best!!! 

If y'all have any other tips, please feel free to comment them and I might add them in! :D Also, if there is a certain topic related to school, let me know and I might be able to help in another post! :)

Lot's of love, and learn lots!!
-Ella Mae <3