How to make sure you won't forget anything during the holidays! (Sophie)

Hello girlies! Sophie here. Summer holidays are almost here for most of us, aren't they? No more waking up early, studying until you pass out from tiredness and endless exam stress. It's time for fashionable outfits, sunbathing, swimming in the beach and eating as much ice-cream as possible (or for some cases, skiing on a mountain, having snowball fights and making snowmen with your friends). Either way it means having fun. 

However, having fun doesn't mean forgetting everything you've learnt the previous year! Be honest here. How many times has it happened that you get back from your summer holidays only to realize that your brain has emptied of everything you've learnt about last year? And how many times has that leaded you to failing an exam or getting ridiculed in front of your entire class? Unfortunately, it has happened quite a lot of times for me, so I decided to give you a few tips that will not allow that to happen again (they can also be used for learning in general)

- ℝ𝕖𝕧𝕚𝕤𝕖

I know it is cliché but as Plato himself said (yes this was actually first said by Plato): "Repetition is the mother of learning." If you don't revise at all during the summertime, then it will be very hard for you to remember everything you've learnt the year before. Even if you are a straight A student you will find yourself forgetting details and important techniques, useful for the new school year. I'm speaking for experience when I say you need to revise in order to remember everything . 

- 𝕄𝕒𝕜𝕖 𝕟𝕠𝕥𝕖𝕤.

I know nobody wants to work during a trip or a journey. I don't either. My solution for this is to only work during the period before and after your trips, when you are at home. Make notes of every important chapter for each class. Write your notes with cool pen colors or use highlighters to make writing and reading them more fun! Put some cool stickers too! Maybe even draw some sketches about the subject if it helps you remember or learn it! Then, just before school starts, read your notes again! Believe me, it will be a huge help.

𝓣𝓘𝓟!

ᴜꜱᴇ ꜱᴛɪᴄᴋʏ ɴᴏᴛᴇꜱ ꜰᴏʀ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴏꜱᴛ ɪᴍᴘᴏʀᴛᴀɴᴛ ᴘᴀʀᴛꜱ ꜱᴏ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴛʜᴇʏ'ʟʟ ꜱᴛᴀɴᴅ ᴏᴜᴛ ꜰʀᴏᴍ ᴛʜᴇ ʀᴇꜱᴛ.

𝓣𝓘𝓟!

ᴜꜱᴇ ᴏɴʟʏ ᴘᴀꜱᴛᴇʟ ᴏʀ ʟɪɢʜᴛ ᴄᴏʟᴏᴜʀꜱ (ᴇxᴄᴇᴘᴛ ꜰᴏʀ ᴀ ʙʟᴀᴄᴋ ᴘᴇɴ) ꜱᴏ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴇʏᴇꜱ ᴡᴏɴ'ᴛ ɢᴇᴛ ᴛɪʀᴇᴅ!