Middle School ~ Gigi

Hey there ladies! My name is Gigi and I'm here to talk about DUN DUN DUN middle school. I know, I know, school, *shudders*. Though school kinda sucks (especially with the social problems that come along with middle school, puberty, and finding yourself), I'm here to hopefully help your through grades 5-8.

I just finished middle school and I have a few tips.

Don't be afraid to stand up for yourself.

Middle school is a time when a lot of bullies come out to play. Everyone is trying to find out who they are and going through puberty, so there are gonna be a lot of cliques and a lot of mean people.

Remember that you're a person and that they can't just walk over you like that. Don't start any fights, but don't be afraid to say something if they're harassing you. And don't take it personally. Most people are really mean in middle school, but they don't stay that way. Try to forgive them and move on.

Always, always, always do your homework.

Always. Even if it's optional.

Don't worry about being cool, or hip, or whatever.

You don't need to worry about wearing the latest.... Gucci, or Prada, or whatever. (I don't even know if those are clothes brands. I'm so out of it. 😂😂) I know your probably hear this all the time, but just be yourself. Changing yourself to fit with other people doesn't help, trust me. A true friend doesn't care if you're cool, or if you have lots of money, or any of that.

Just be yourself, and love yourself for it. It takes a lot of guts to be yourself, and you should be proud of it. You're the rarest thing in the world, after all. There's only one of you.

• Make one good friend.

• Get the teachers to like you.

•Don't be afraid to take mental health days.

•Do extra math and writing practice outside of school.

•Play sports.

• If you're doing speeches, do them on things you're interested in.

• If you have a suggestion box, ask your teacher to put tables in groups.

• Make a suggestion box for your classroom.