Starting a new school! ~ Evie

Hey everyone!

I was going to do a post on school related things and I found something that was...kinda my forte. New schools.

Having been to three, I thought I could give some advice on that!

So, a new school. It's different depending on your age and how long you were at your old school for.
I moved twice, once after only a year and I was quite young.

The second time, I had been at my school for seven years and was about to go to highschool.
Moving schools can be really hard and sometimes stressful, I know I was terrified about making new friends.

So here is some of my advice.

Making Friends:

When starting at a new school, try to be yourself.
I tried to act like Alice-Miranda, yeah. Because I didn't know how to socialise or...how to make friends at all, I was never good at that.

But if you just be as much yourself as you can be, then you're bound to find at least one person who shares some of your interests. (Likely you'll find more than one)

On that note, definitely get involved, you don't have to do what I did which was...getting involved in everything, and I mean everything. Ya don't have to do that.
Just find some things you're interested in and sign up.

Are there clubs at this new school? Find one you like. 

Is there a choir? If you're interested, join up. 

You might even be lucky like I was and a group of kids might have their own little...club-like thing that you can get involved in.
If you never to talk to anyone and never get involved you'll find it difficult to make friends, not impossible but difficult.

Studies:

Away from the making friends. A lot of schools have a differing curriculum, you might have learnt things that the class in your new school hasn't yet or it could be the opposite, the class might know stuff that you were yet to learn.

If the latter one is the case, definitely make sure if it's at the start of the year its often easier to make sure you're up to date but in the middle of the year you definitely want to make sure that you know what the other students do.

This is a great way to get to know your new classmates as well! Getting to know your classmates, even not to make friends can really help you feel more comfortable in your new school.
So much as sitting next to someone you've never spoken to can be the spark for a new friendship.

That's exactly what happened to me on my first day of year 8, I went into class, late because I wasn't used to locks and lockers, it wasn't a thing at my old school
There was one spot open, so I sat down and the first words out of the girl next to me.
"Hi! Nice to meet you, do you...? Wanna be friends?"

Seriously, just...ask. More often than not, the person will say yes, if they don't you've got like a whole truckload of people to ask.

Aside from those, there are many general study tips which could be extremely helpful, I'll probably write a post about study tips sometime in the future. (Year 12 coming in handy)

My number one tip for starting at a new school is, don't be afraid to step out of your comfort zone.
I was so scared, when I started in high school at a new school, I didn't have a clue what I was doing.

I didn't have any friends there and didn't know how I was gonna make any. I was trying to be someone I truly wasn't.
But I did step out of my comfort zone, I got involved in so much stuff and tried my best to befriend people!

Don't try to change yourself, to make it 'Easier' at a new school, cause in the long run, things will get harder.

I hope this was helpful! It's my first stronggirlsclub post, so I'm a little nervous!

If you have any questions! Anything specific you'd like answered you can leave a comment below or PM the strongsgirlclub or me on my personal account @Lunamay13

Either or. I'll try to answer any questions you have! 
Thank you very much for reading this!

- Evie =)