Back-to-School Shopping

With learning being different this year due to the COVID-19 pandemic, here is a list to give you an idea of what to buy for the school year! Of course, follow the requirements of your teachers, but there might be some other helpful things on here too!  Included are some supplies that you would oftentimes seen shared in a classroom that you might not want to touch.

In-School Learning
- Face Masks
- 2 Hand sanitizers (for backpack and pencil case)
- Pencils / pens / highlighters
- Backpack
- Looseleaf paper
- Enough notebooks, folders, and binders for each class
- Pencil case
- Mini stapler and staples
- Mini tape roll
- Scissors
- Large water bottle (to avoid refilling at fountains)
- Anti-bacterial wet wipes
- Pack of colored pencils
- Phone and school device chargers (don't borrow anyone's!)
- Latex (or other material) gloves (to avoid direct contact if touching things)
- Large Ziploc bags (optional)

Notes: Buy a pack of five face masks off of Amazon to keep one in your backpack, one in your pencil case, etc.  I've heard many people who decide to use a large Ziploc bag as a lunch bag so that it can be disposed of every day rather than having an actual cloth lunch bag that can carry germs. Remember not to share items with anyone!

Home Learning:
- Lap desk
- Device for online learning
- Folders and notebooks for each subject
- Pens / pencils / highlighters
- Extra chargers for devices used for school (always good to have a backup)
- Access to a printer
- Looseleaf (for note-taking during Zoom calls)

I know this year will definitely not be what we are used to but we have to make the most of it! So sorry to all of my high school seniors out there :( .
Jules / under-the-staars