4. I'll Be Your Optimistic Black Hole

Otto's pov:

I stared up at the ceiling, blurring and un-blurring my vision as I listened to Geoff's soft snoring beside me.

He was my entire world, he made me breakfast and took me shopping and held my hand around guys that were cuter than me. He was.. perfect. So why was I sitting here, wondering if I'd made the wrong decision.

I looked at the ring on my finger, "Engaged," I whispered.

I quickly shook my head, removing the ring and holding it in the palm of my other hand.

Studying my finger I could already see in the moonlight a red line around where the ring had been.

Eventually I placed the ring back onto my finger, flopping onto my side so I was facing away from Geoff.

"Engaged," I muttered once more. But this time it felt right. I was going to have a wedding, I was going to get to walk down the aisle and watch as Geoff's face lit up. I was going to get to eat a big fancy cake, and to have Geoff be mine forever. It was a great feeling.

I closed my eyes and let myself drift off to sleep.

.........

"Babe!" Geoff exclaimed, holding up the menu he was looking at. "They have lobster!!"

I smiled, "I know."

He blushed. I was really hoping I looked as happy as he did. I was trying, but I also hadn't had a moment to myself since he had asked me to marry him. I needed time to process everything.

"I think I'm going to get the salmon," I stated, closing my menu and putting it on top of his at the end of our table.

"Sounds good," he grinned, "Thanks for taking me out to dinner tonight," Geoff was practically beaming.

"Of course, anything for you," I reached my hand across the table to hold his.

"I love you," he squeezed my hand gently. "I am so excited to marry you."

I looked away from him for a second, settling my focus on the floor. I needed to be excited right now, for him.

"Yeah," I said looking back up to meet his eyes. "I can't wait." I tried to smile but it came out wobbly. Geoff didn't seem to notice, though.

Geoff quickly distracted himself with unwrapping the straw for his drink while we waited for our food.

I smiled at him, but pulled out my phone. Scrolling through Twitter I searched up the words "My Chemical Romance" hoping to occupy myself with reading about my favorite band.

I scrolled through a few tweets, reading them and laughing quietly to myself.

Eventually I came across one that caught my eye, though. "FUCKKKKING LOVE GERARD WAY FROM MY CHEMICAL ROMANCE!! UGH!!" I shook my head and smiled. It wasn't so much the tweet that had caught my attention as the profile picture for the account. A boy, probably a couple of years younger than me.

He was cute too, he had bright purple hair and a nice smile. "Awsten," I muttered under my breath, reading his domain name.

"What'd you say, babe?" Geoff asked, pulling my attention back from my phone.

"Huh?" I asked, although I'd heard him.

"Oh, nothing. Never mind, I thought you said something."

I sighed, relieved. "Nope, just looking at MCR stuff, as usual."

Geoff smiled and went back to playing with his straw wrapper.

I glanced back down at Awsten's tweet, clicking on his profile picture to get to his account. Reading his bio, I smiled.

"Knight's the name. Awsten Knight. MCR is my whole life, and I'm addicted to coffee. He/him."

I checked his location next. Los Angeles.

I lifted my head as the waiter came to deliver us our food. I quickly hit the "follow" button and clicked my phone off.

"This looks delicious," I smiled at Geoff.