6. Let's Keep Each Other Safe From The World

Otto's pov:

"Baaaaaaaabe," Geoff called from the other room.

I tossed my phone down on the bed and got up to go meet Geoff in the kitchen.

"What's up?" I asked. Geoff was surrounded by papers and his computer was pulled up to a screen with a calendar.

"I'm planning," he said smiling. "I was thinking about a spring wedding, it would give us plenty of time to get everything in order, what do you think?"

I drummed my fingers against the countertop. "Hm," I responded. "Yeah babe, whatever you think is best."

Geoff squealed with delight and turned his attention back to the calendar. "We really should have dinner with your parents."

"Oh," I shrugged, but Geoff wasn't looking at me. "I don't kn-"

Geoff cut me off. "Look this is important, okay? We're getting married. I need to meet your parents, I should have met them a long time ago, but here we are. This is the situation, okay?"

Geoff had never spoken to me like this before. I knew he was just upset that he'd never met my family, but he didn't understand.

Geoff had a good family. They accepted him as gay, and I had met them countless times. But I'd never had a good relationship with my parents. As far as they know I'm still completely and totally straight, using 3 in 1 shampoo and bringing a new girl home every week.

I didn't want them to know about Geoff and me because I didn't think they would understand.

"Okay I'll talk to them." I lied. Geoff just needed some reassurance. It didn't matter if I meant what I said.

.........

Awsten had followed me back. It wasn't a big deal or anything, but it might be nice to know someone else who likes My Chemical Romance as much as I do.

I had considered messaging him, but it just felt wrong. I didn't want Geoff to feel like I was hiding something or talking to someone behind his back. It didn't really matter if it was completely platonic, or that the guy I was talking to was cute as fuck.

I definitely didn't want to ask Geoff if he would be okay with it. I don't need his permission to talk to someone, and asking him would make it out to be a bigger deal than it was.

As I was contemplating what I should do about the whole situation, my phone lit up.

Awsten: You're cute

Fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, motherfucker, I'm so fucked.