30. You've Got Me More Than Clumsy

Otto's pov:

I slipped the vest over my head, securing it with the Velcro straps that were on either side.

I glanced up, watching as Awsten did the same thing across the room from me.

I'd decided to take him to the laser tag place that Travis had told me about.

I figured that it would either be a super cool place for a first date, or that Travis had a hit-man waiting here to kill me or whatever.

He was really fucking weird, I didn't know what to expect.

I watched as Awsten hit a button on his lazer gun, his whole vest lighting up, glowing bright yellow.

I followed suit and my vest lit up a dark blue.

Awsten laughed, "Oh how the turn tables."

I furrowed my eyebrows at him.

"It's a reference from The Office..." he trailed off, waiting for me to catch on. "You've never seen it?" He asked.

"We'll have to fix that," he added once I didn't respond.

I just smiled at him, watching as the lights were turned off and the doors to the lazer tag arena were opened.

I felt Awsten's shoulder brush against mine, "I really really like you," he spoke. "But I will show no fucking mercy."

He didn't wait for my reply before he headed into the dark room, only lit up by colorful beams coming out of the floor.

I cautiously walked into the arena, glancing in the direction that Awsten had disappeared in.

We were playing with four other people, so I made sure to check the other direction as well before I ran through the dark, hiding behind a metal structure of a tree.

I quickly spotted another vest that was glowing green, I shot at it a few times before it began to flash red, stopping after 10 seconds and returning to it's original color.

I turned around, attempting to sprint away before whoever I'd shot tried to get me back, but as I was turning, I felt a hand around my neck.

"Going somewhere?" I heard Awsten's voice beside me.

I looked over to find a smug smirk on his face.

Keeping his hand on my neck, he backed me up against the metal tree, pinning me against it.

Before I could react, his lips were pressed against mine, his free hand tugging gently at my hair.

I could feel him smile into the kiss, his hand dropping from my hair and cupping my cheek. He moved his lips to my jawline where he kissed softly before pulling back until our faces were an inch apart.

I felt his breath against my skin as he whispered, "I did say I show no mercy."

I felt his front of his gun press against my chest, and the reflections of red lights from my vest flashed over his face as he pulled the trigger.

He smiled over at me as he walked away, leaving me breathless.

"Holy shit."