1. Light Us Up Until We Pop

Awsten's pov:

(listen to online love by conan gray while reading this)

The sun shimmered down in waves that looked like ripples in the ocean onto my table. The sounds of coffee mugs clinking and small talk filled the air and the scent of caramel and salt lingered. Fuck, I loved this place. It was like a scene out of a shitty Hallmark movie. I felt as though I should be sitting across from a really cute guy, laughing at each other's dumb jokes, drinking lattes and wearing over sized sweaters and skinny jeans.

I shook my head, clearing my thoughts as the bell on the door chimed softly, I watched as a tall guy with dark brown hair and light blue eyes walked into the coffee shop. I chuckled to myself, my boyfriend fantasy had come to life right before my eyes.

Of course I stopped laughing the second he noticed me. He gave me a weird look as he shook his head and walked up to the counter. Fuck, he probably thought I was insane. I would think I was too. 

Note to self: don't stare into people's souls and laugh at them when they come into the shop. That's so fucking creepy.

I stood up from the table I was sitting at and brushed off my pants. Straightening my apron, I walked behind the counter, preparing to take the man's order. I was hoping he would just forget about what had happened moments prior, of course I would be thinking about it until I died. So fucking embarrassing. But whatever, it didn't matter now.

"Uh, hey what can I get for you today?" I stumbled over my words as I fiddled with the cash register. Why the fuck was this guy so cute.

"Hm," I watched as he studied the drink listings. "I don't know, what would you recommend?"

I could feel myself blush as I recited my order, "Venti blonde white mocha, extra shot of espresso, two pumps of raspberry, and no whipped cream."

He laughed, "Seems a little extra, but what the hell."

I smiled as I told him the total and he paid. "Can I get a name for the order?"

"Yeah, it's Dallon."

I wrote his name on the cup with a black sharpie, adding a small smiley face at the end. "Okayyyy, your order will be right up," I watched as he walked over to a table and took a seat. As I made his drink I wondered if I should ask for his number. Fuck, was he even gay? What if he was like a really shitty homophobic asshole.

I shook my head and wiped my hands on my jeans, calling him over to come get his drink. I smiled, not feeling up to talking to him again.

And of course, life isn't a Hallmark movie. If it was, maybe he would've stopped before he walked out the door to turn back and ask me out on a date. But as I heard the bell chime once again, I knew that wasn't going to happen. I really needed to stop fantasizing.

"Dallon," I whispered as I wiped down the sink. Fuck, even his name was cute.

I tugged at my purple hair, letting my muscles relax. I couldn't wait for today to be over.