8. Merry Christmas

Otto's pov:

I blushed listening to Geoff sing his off key version of Happy Birthday.

Geoff and I always celebrated my birthday and Christmas at the same time, it was easier that way.

I used to hate having a birthday so close to Christmas because they just got lumped together. But with Geoff, I don't mind it so much. He always makes my birthday first priority and gets me double the gifts.

I'm really lucky to have him.

I let him finish singing, as I prepare to blow out the candles on the cake Geoff bought.

I took a deep breath and watched as the candle flames went out.

"What'd you wish for?" Geoff asked, he seemed genuinely excited to find out.

I smiled and looked down at my hands, "I can't tell you or it won't come true."

"Ughhhhhhh," Geoff plopped down into a chair and dramatically sighed. "Everyone uses that excuse."

I knew he was kidding but suddenly I felt a tightness in my chest.

The truth is, I didn't want to tell him what I'd wished for, I definitely shouldn't have wished for what I did. It was a shitty thing to want, especially since Geoff has always been so good to me.

I walked over to where he sat and draped my arms over his shoulders, "I love you, you know that, right?"

He smiled, but there was a sharp look in his eyes. "I called your parents."

I felt all of the blood drain from my face.

I definitely wasn't feeling guilty anymore.