Chapter 33: The Present

"I told you no one calls me that anymore. It's Kingsley"

"What... What are you doing here?"

"Nice to see you too Tomike. Can I come in?"

"You've got to be kidding me. How are you even here in the first place?"

"Well you can keep asking me that or let me in so I can explain"

King's smile irritated Tomike. She was not in the mood for such a surprise and was confused on how to deal with the situation.

"Come in" She stepped away from the doorway to let him pass.

"Thank you" He walked in with his hands in his pocket like he owned the place. "Nice place you've got"

Tomike slammed the door. "What are you doing here King?"

"I came to say hi"

"Say hi? How do you even know where I live?"

"You told me you lived in Boston"

"Well it's a big city. And this is a big apartment building. I'm serious King how did you find me?"

"Hey, hey calm down. You seem tensed up. Is something wrong?"

"Yes, something is wrong. The fact that you're here is what is wrong King"

King chuckled.

"Relax. I follow Dayo on Instagram and he hasn't stopped updating ever since he moved here. He leaves his location on his posts, so it wasn't that hard to find you"

"Why do millennials do that shit"

King laughed "He seems to be having a great time here. He's just too excited I guess. Can I sit?"

"You're already in, so you might as well"

"Alright"

"Even still, how did you know my exact apartment?"

King reached into his pocket and brought out his phone. He did something on it for a while before showing the screen to Tomike. As she reluctantly looked to see what he was showing her, she saw a picture of Todd and Dayo on the screen, it appeared to have been Dayo's Instagram feed. Behind the two of them 'B401' was boldly written on the door- Tomike's apartment number.
She rolled her eyes.

"That could have been a neighbor's door you know?" Tomike couldn't believe how much information of her life was out there thanks to Dayo.

"I was ready to take my chances"

"What do you want King?"

"The way you say 'King' is quite sexy. Plus you are honestly the only one who still calls me that" he said so with a sly smile on his face as if trying to seduce her. But Tomike was over it now. She had seen it all, she knew all the tricks and she knew it well. She wasn't going to be moved, or was she?

"You're stalling" Tomike replied with a straight face.

King sat up, he had a worried look sitting on his face. He seemed serious and suddenly tense. It was then Tomike really saw his features.

Damn! He's fine.

Today, he wasn't in a suit, but the blue ripped jeans and vintage T-shirt looked too good on him.

"Look Tomi, I know this is far fetched but I'm here to talk about us"

Tomike immediately stood up from the arm rest she was sitted and said, "Hell naa"

"Tomi, ever since I saw you in that hospital, I've been thinking of you. I've been thinking of how things ended, why they ended, what I did wrong and I just don't get it"