We Got This

Jasper's POV

It's been two days since Zac's big blow up. Things have been very quiet.

Zac has been extra sweet. Not that he wasn't a sweetheart before, but it's like he's trying to prove himself worthy of me.

I have realized Damien holds grudges. He's still pretty pissed off at Zac even though Elias has completely forgiven him. He doesn't come to the pack house unless Zac is gone and I have been going to their house a lot.

As crazy as it may seem, I think the argument between Zac and Elias has strengthened their friendship. They laugh more and are silly with each other. They know what the other is thinking. It's like they're in sync with each other. The perfect bond between an alpha and their beta. It's really good to see.

"Light... Little Light-" I snap out of my dazed thoughts to see a hand waving in front of me.

"Huh?" I look up to see my freakishly handsome mate.

He looks so hot, today.

Yeah, he does. Draven boldy agrees.

"Are you okay?" He furrows his brows. "You were completely zoned out for like five minutes.

"Oh, I'm fine." I giggle feeling my cheeks grow warm.

"You look so beautiful when you blush." Zac kneels down in front of the chair I'm in and brushes his nose on mine.

Kiss him! Kiss him! Kiss him! Draven chants in my head.

I can't kiss him!

Why the fuck not? He's our mate, stupid.

What if he doesn't want to kiss us? I counter.

Oh my God. You're the dumbest human I've ever had. Az wants to kiss us. Look at Zac's eyes. He wants us!

I cut off Draven to focus on Zac's eyes. They hold lust, love, and desire. His heated gaze flickers between my eyes and my lips. However, he lingers a few seconds too long on my lips before refocusing on my eyes. Maybe, Drav is right?

I lean forward a few centimeters. His scent fills my nose. His warm breath tickles my lips. I lean in a little more and-

"UNCLE ZAC! UNCLE JASPER!" I hear the sweet voice of little Charlotte.

Instantly, I pull back feeling completely flushed. Zac takes a deep breath before turning to the most beautiful pup I've ever laid eyes on.

Charlotte is an absolute angel. She has made me feel welcomed just like the rest of Zac's family. It's heartwarming.

"What's up, pup?" Zac asks.

"Uncle Zac, I'm not a pup." She pouts crossing her arms. "I'm six!"

"Oh, please forgive me, Princess Charlie!" He bows before her. She does a curtsy in return.

"Can we go play hide-n-seek?!" She bounces with excitement.

I can't help but laugh at their interactions. It fills my heart with joy to see my mate around children. He's so good with them.

"Sure, sweetheart." He picks her up getting ready to head outside. "Do you wanna come with, Little Light?"

"I told Damien I would go over there to bake cookies for the pups today." I smile.

"Alright, baby. Let me know if you need anything. Be safe!" He shouts over his shoulder while leaving.

——————————————————————————