Meeting Mother

Jasper's POV

Zac's mom is just standing in front of us with her arms crossed. She looks like she's trying to read into my soul. It's very intimidating.

What if she doesn't think I'm good enough for her son? What if she doesn't want a scrawny omega as a son-in-law?! She probably believes that I won't make a good Luna. Honestly, I probably won't make a good Luna. I'm weak and shy and I have zero confidence. I'm surprised Zac hasn't rejected me, yet.

Quit saying that, Jas! Draven scolds. You're amazing! Plus, you have me. That makes us double amazing.

She walks towards me. I'm still unable to read her expression. She stops right in front of me.

She's a little scary... I try to refrain myself from whimpering not noticing that my back is fully pressed against Zac. I can feel his rock hard abs through his shirt. It's like someone carved them individually out of rock.

Don't be scared! Draven squeals. She's gonna love us!

"Mother, please." Zac sighs. "You're scaring him."

She gently holds my face between her hands forcing me to look directly in her eyes. For the first time since she walked into the room, I can see love in her eyes. Surprisingly, that love is towards me.

"It is so good to meet you Jasper." She pulls me into a warm embrace and squeals. "I'm Vanessa. You can call me mama!"

Scratch that. A tight, deathly embrace that is close to cutting off my airways.

"Uh- it's nice to-" I try to say, but it's getting hard to breath. For such a tiny woman, she sure is strong.

"Mother, you're killing my mate!" Zac whines. I feel him put a hand on my shoulder and his mother's to separate us. "I'm glad you love him and all, but I would like him alive."

She loves us? I question. There's no way. She just met me.

Yes, she loves us. We're her son's mate. Draven retorts. Plus, we're adorable. How could she not love us?

I swear I have no idea how I ended up with such a cocky wolf.

Oh, shut up! You love me. Then, he prances off into the back of my mind in glee.

"Little Light..." I hear once I come out of my chat with Draven along with a deep chuckle. "Earth to Little Light."

"Huh?" I question. "What happened?"

"You zoned out there, baby." Zac says in amusement. "You okay?"

Baby? I think that nicknames comes in second place to Little Light.

"I'm fine." I really need to stop spacing out.

I look around and notice Zac's mother is gone. I hope I didn't upset her. Oh God! What if I made her mad!

Before I can freak out further, Zac says, "Let's go upstairs to our room. I could really go for a nap." He yawns loudly.

I follow him up three flights of stairs to the Alpha's floor of the pack house. They're beautiful golden, wood stairs with railings made out of rod iron. The whole house is stunning. It looks like a cabin with warm colors, wood, and has a perfect homey feeling. I think I'm going to love it here.

We arrive at Zac's-I mean our bedroom. It's stunning. The room has dark red walls with a large king size bed to the left of the doorway. The bed has dark wooden posts and a headboard with wolves carved into it. The bedding is chocolate brown and white. There's a fireplace and a huge bathroom with a claw foot bathtub. The shower and the tub look like it could hold six people inside. I'm in awe.

I snap out of my amazement and look around to find Zac coming out of the bathroom with a towel hanging very, very low on his hips. He has excess water dripping from his long hair down his chiseled abdomen. I feel myself salivating. He's so beautiful.

How long was I caught up in my thoughts??

Like, 15 minutes. No big deal. Draven giggles.

No big deal?! What if Zac thinks I'm some kind of weirdo? I panic slightly. Drav ignores my questions and sighs.

I could look at him all day everyday. Draven, the horn dog, comments. He's Greek god status.

He's like a work of art. I sigh.

I would do anything to be on our hands and knees in front of him while he grips our waist and pounds into-

Draven! I yell at him. I didn't need that mental image!

You love it. You know you want that too.

He walks over to me and wraps his arms around my waist giving me a big, cheeseball smile. Might I add, he's still in a towel and I can feel EVERY part of him. I can't help it. I smile back at him while wrapping my arms around his strong back. He hides his nose in the crook of my neck and takes a few deeps breaths. I can hear his heartbeat racing.

"Zac, are you okay?" I ask concerned.

He doesn't say anything. He keeps taking deep breaths in and out. He starts shaking uncontrollably. I pull away to put my hands on his cheeks forcing him to look in my eyes. He's not looking at anything in particular. It's like he can't focus. What I thought was water dripping down his face is actually sweat. He's burning up. Before I can say anything, he passes out on the floor.

"Zac!" I yell frantically while shaking him. "Zac, wake up!"

I yell as loud as possible to no one in particular. I'm hoping someone will hear me.

All of a sudden, I hear two sets of footsteps coming towards the room from down the hall. The door busts open almost hitting me. I have no clue who these guys are. I haven't met many people, yet.

I recognize the taller guy with red hair. I met him in the kitchen with his mate. He looks so serious. Nothing like he was acting before. His eyes are glazed over as he stares ahead. He's probably mind linking the pack doctor, Dara.

The second guy crouched down beside me with a solemn expression on his face. He gently grabs my hand and pulls me away from Zac. He drags me over to the fur rug in front of the fireplace.

"No!" I scream. "I need to be next to him! I need to make sure he's okay!"

"Hey, hey, hey." He coos. "What's your name?"

I sniffle a few times before replying. "Jasper."

He smiles. "My name is Theo. I'm a warrior for the pack."

"You- you're an Omega?" I look up at him. "How?"

"We can talk about this another time. Let's get your mate to the hospital, yeah?"

At the word 'mate,' I break down again.

Theo pulls me into a warm embrace and pets my head. He tries to wipe away my constant flow of tears, but it's no use. They just won't stop.

"It's alright. He will be okay." He comforts me. "Let Dara take care of him."

"How do you know that?" I sob. "He passed out. I just met him. I can't lose him!"

Sobs wrack through my body. I wrap my arms around Theo. My tears are soaking his shirt, but he doesn't seem to care. Everything around me is a blur. I hear mumbled voices and shadows moving around in my peripheral vision.

Draven!

Silence.

Draven! Please! Is he going to be okay?

I don't know, Jas. I really hope so.