Holy Shit

Jasper's POV

Jas! I don't wanna leave, Zac. He's stuck in the hospital for two more days! Draven whines.

Shut it, Draven. I grumble. The faster we go visit him the sooner we can come back to Zac. We're only going to be gone for half a day. He won't even notice.

Yeah, right. That man notices when we take too long in the bathroom. Of course, he'll notice we're gone!

We're doing this for Zac. Just keep that in mind. I leave him with those final words as I cut off his contact with me.

———————————————————————————

Finally arriving at my destination, I walk up the white marble stairs to the large wooden front door. Not even taking a moment to hesitate, I knock loudly.

The doors open to reveal a man I hoped to never see again for the rest of my life. A sinister smirk grows as he looks me up and down.

"Jasper, my love." He reaches out to grab my hand. "Come in. I've been waiting for you."

I shove him away before he's able to reach me. "Don't fucking touch me, Rylan."

"Such harsh words from my sweet mate. Come inside, if you want to chat."

I follow him in the mansion to his study. Nothing has changed, since I was last here. This place has the same moldy scent and dark, looming atmosphere.

Rylan takes a seat at his desk. I sit in the chair directly in front of him. He takes a few sips from a glass of whiskey that's beside him.

"So, darling, to what do I owe the pleasure?" He smiles.

"What did you do to my mate?" I growl.

"Pardon?!" He fakes shock. "I did nothing. How can you accuse me of such a thing?"

"Tell me before I rip your head off!" I slam my hands on the desk. Rylan jumps a little then recollects himself.

"We both know you need me." He states. "All I did was give you a little scare, so you would come visit me. I miss you."

"You were never my true mate." I try to remain calm. "You tricked me for two years before I was able to tell."

"I killed my true mate for you. Why can't you understand that I love you?"

"You just want me for my powers!" I yell. "The prophecy says, after I complete the mating process with my true mate, I'll gain my powers. Then, I can finally kill you and live happily ever after."

"True. It does state that." Rylan chuckles. "However, I hired a witch to cast a spell on you. When you mate with that good for nothing Alpha, you will instinctively want to kill him. And, I will become your second chance mate."

My blood instantly runs cold. Is he bluffing? That's not possible. I will never want to kill Zac. Wolves don't get second chance mates when they kill their mates. There's no way that can happen.

"You're lying! That will never happen!"

"Aw sweetheart, I guess you'll just have to wait and see."

I run out of the house back home. Thoughts fill my head. There's no way that's possible. Witches don't hold that much power. They're unable to mess with the mate bond like that.

Jas, don't let Rylan get inside your head. We will never hurt mate.

You're right. We will never let that happen.