You Won't

Jasper's POV

I spent most of the day baking cookies at Damien and Elias' house, again. It's the tenth time in three weeks. I'm pretty sure I smell like a freaking cookie at this point. I might be able to use that to my advantage with Zac later...

I get home to the pack house noticing it's awfully quiet. I mean sure it's 8:30pm, but normally there's still teens and adults up watching movies or playing games. This is odd.

I hear the faint sound of music coming from somewhere. It sounds like it's coming from the backyard, so I head back there.

Stepping out onto the deck, I am mesmerized by the most beautiful sight I've ever seen. There's a few blankets laid out, candles lit, and some fruit bowls on the blankets. There's even little fairy lights hung up in the trees.

Zac carefully walks to the front of the tree he was hiding behind. He's in dark blue jeans that adorn his leg muscles perfectly with a button down red shirt. The sleeves are rolled up to his elbows. His hair is pulled back in a loose manbun.

My Goddess. He's so sexy!

Did you just call him sexy? No "handsome" or "gorgeous?" Draven teases. He is our mate. Not some hussy we picked up off the streets. Have some respect!

But-

Just kidding! I'm high key proud of you.

"Do you like it?" I hear the deep, resonating voice of my mate. "I can get different food. I wasn't sure if you ate dinner or not."

"I love it, Zac." I say as I walk forward wrapping my arms around his neck pulling him down to my height.

He sticks his face in the crook of my neck taking a deep breath. "You smell so good. I could eat you up."

"You won't." I suddenly regret the words that fly out of my mouth. I swear Drav had a part in my response because I do not say things like that. Ever.

I pull away from Zac attempting to take a few steps backward unsure of what his reaction may be, but he keeps a firm grip on my hips. His eyes are the stunning silver of Azlan's. I can tell Zac is battling it out with Az. He probably doesn't want to scare me, meanwhile, Azlan most likely wants to devour me whole.

I can't say I would totally hate if he did.

Preach to the choir! Drav basically rolls over onto his back submitting to Azlan.

"Zac?" I squeak out.

He takes a deep breath and opens his eyes showing his natural deep, ocean blue ones.

"Sorry, Little Light." He looks upset at himself. "I hope Azlan didn't scare you. He's whimpering nonstop."

"I promise he didn't scare me." I reassure.

"I'm glad." Zac kisses my cheek.

"You missed."

He looks confused for a second until I pull him back down to me, so our faces are level.

His eyes hold confusion. I can tell he isn't sure if he should kiss me. He's looking for any signal on my face that I don't want him to kiss me. But, I do. I want him to kiss the ever loving life out of me. So, I nod my head.

That's all the confirmation he needs. He releases my hip with one hand closing the distance between our lips controlling the kiss by having one hand on the back of my neck. His lips are so warm and somehow familiar even though this is our first kiss. I wrap my arms around his neck pulling him impossibly closer.