day 23- honeymoon

Steph knocks on Marinette's door, holding a dress with a torn skirt. "Hey Marinette!"

No answer.

She tries again. "Marinette?"

Still no answer. Steph tries the doorknob, and to her surprise, the door opens, revealing... an empty room.

Well, this isn't good. She heads to the living room, where Dick, Cass, and Damian are watching Captain America: The Winter Soldier.

"Have any of you seen Marinette today? Or yesterday?"

Dick frowns, confused. "I thought she had a large commission and was staying in her room to work on it."

"Nope." Steph shakes her head. "Her room's empty, and unusually neat. None of her fabrics are even out on her desk."

"We should ask Todd." Damian says. "He would know."

Cass smiles. "You will not find Jason either."

"What does that mean, Cass?" Dick asks.

She just puts a finger to her lips, brown eyes sparkling.

At that moment, Tim enters the room. "Have any of you seen Jason? I made some modifications to his helmet that I want him to try out."

Damian sniffs. "I have not seen Todd since he set off a fart bomb in my room two days ago."

"...Huh. Jason and Marinette are both missing, then. Kidnapped?" Steph asks.

Dick shakes his head. "Not likely. They each have four emergency beacons they can activate at a moment's notice if something is wrong."

Alfred and Bruce enter the living room. Alfred is holding a note.

"I believe we have the answer to your questions." He hands the note to Dick while Bruce sits down in an armchair.

"Heya, Alfie!" Dick reads. "Marinette and I decided now would be a good time to go on our honeymoon. We'll be back in a month. Don't look for us, we disabled all the trackers. Yes, including the ones in our teeth that Bruce thinks we don't know about. Ciao! From, Jason."

"Honeymoon?" Steph questions.

Bruce sighs exasperatedly. "Yes. A honeymoon. They're not even engaged yet."

Cass smiles that all-knowing smile again. "You think they are."

Tim shoots upright, pulling out his laptop and frantically pressing keys. "Oh shit." After thirty seconds, he flips the screen around to show the rest of the family.

"A marriage certificate, between Jason Peter Todd and Marinette Dupain-Cheng, dated two weeks ago. They went off and eloped without any of us knowing. Well, without most of us knowing." He amends, when he sees Cass.

"Wh-what? They just- what?" Dick splutters. Damian smirks.

"Father, we really should give the World's Greatest Detective title to Cassandra. She is evidently the most deserving of it."

Bruce growls. "No. I am the night."

"I work alone." The rest of his family choruses. "I am Batman."

Steph snickers. "Yeah, not like everyone else in this room except Alfred also dons a costume to go out at night and punch things to deal with our issues."