day 11- joint mission

Ladybird growls in frustration as she kicks a goon in the face before spinning and landing a good throat punch on another. It didn't matter how many she took down, they just seemed to keep on coming in endless waves.

Both Red Robin and Oracle said that there might be something wrong, to bring some backup, but nooo, you went in yourself and now you're surrounded. She huffed to herself, picking up a particularly large man and throwing him at his comrades. Although it's not like there was anyone available to provide backup.

"My brother's dying! Get help!" Ladybird snickered to herself as she threw another punch. It seemed that Dick's family movie nights were actually growing on her.

The humor wasn't helping the situation though. Ladybird was hopelessly outnumbered, and the rest of the family wasn't available for backup. Spoiler was visiting Black Bat in Hong Kong. Batman was off on a League mission, Nightwing was in San Francisco with the Titans, Red Hood was in Peru doing business, Red Robin had a hostage situation on the other side of the city, and Robin was benched after getting pushed into the harbour mid-battle, thus getting sick.

Suddenly, she hears the telltale bangs of gunshots as the men around her go down. Ladybird catches the glint of a red helmet and sighs in relief, punching a goon in the jaw with renewed vigor. The two of them are able to subdue all the men eventually with a canister of knockout gas.

They slip out of the warehouse and watch the police arrive from a nearby roof. "This is Ladybird to Oracle." She mutters into the comm. "Hood arrived and provided backup. All men are being taken into custody."

"Copy that. Red Robin has handled the hostage situation. I think we can call it a night." Oracle replies.

"Affirmative. Logging off now." Ladybird switches off her comm, then glares at Red Hood. "I had that."

The amusement is rolling off of him in waves. "Sure ya did, Pixie. 'Bout thirty guys total, all twice your size, surprise attack when you were prepared for a simple scouting."

Ladybird huffs. "You're so mean. I'm paying Red Robin with cookies to hack your helmet again."

"Sure. I got plenty of spares lyin' around."

"Ugh. Bats are so paranoid. And prepared."

"Hey, wait a moment." Ladybird can hear the smirk in Red Hood's voice. "Me being prepared saved your butt tonight. Plus, you did agree to be a Bat, didn't you?" He gestures to her left hand, where an engagement ring would sit had she not been transformed.

"Hmph. Still say I could have handled it."

Red Hood shoots his grappling hook off into the night. "Whatever floats your boat, Ladybird." He takes off before she can formulate a response.