day 27- summer photography

"No, no, no." Marinette hears the familiar cry of the Italian photographer that takes all of Adrien's photos. "You are doing it all wrong, Miss Rossi. You should be sitting next to him, not on his lap!"

"But you said we should look in love!" The brunette protests, and Marinette winces. "I'm just fulfilling the image!"

"You are not, Miss Rossi. Stick with the pose I have instructed you to take. Again."

Jason chuckles beside her, his warm hand encasing her much smaller one. "I almost feel bad for the model boy. Almost. He's still a jerk."

Marinette sighs. "Sometimes, I wish I could do more to get Lila away from him, but Adrien chose to date Lila, even though he knew she was a liar. There isn't really anything we can do."

"No, no!" The photographer cries again. "You two are simply not compatible. I need different models!" His eyes fall on Jason and Marinette's entwined hands. "You two! Come here!"

Marinette looks at Jason, who shrugs. "You're legally emancipated and you graduated early. Can't really hurt much."

As they near the shoot, Adrien and Lila's jaws drop. "Marinette?" They ask in unison.

Marinette gives them a small wave, smirking. "Long time no see. Wish it was longer."

The photographer (she should really know his name by now) smiles. "Ahh, aren't you two the most beautiful lovebirds I have ever seen! Mister Agreste, Miss Rossi, change out of your outfits so we can have these two model. I assure you, you will be paid handsomely. What are your names?"

Jason gives them the trademarked Wayne smile. "Jason Todd-Wayne. This is my girlfriend, Marinette Dupain-Cheng. We will not be needing the salary, sir. It will be rewarding enough to try modelling."

"Grazie, grazie!" The photographer exclaims, when Lila and Adrien thrust their clothes into Marinette and Jason's hands, none too lightly. "Change quickly. I want to use your full potential!"

Jason finishes first, unsurprisingly, given how annoying dresses can be. The black suit and red tie making his piercing teal eyes even more striking, and the white streak of hair gives him a rebellious flair.

However, Marinette really put the icing on the cake (and the boner in his pants.) She wore a black sleeveless formal dress that gradiented into the same shade of red as his tie on the skirt. She had let her hair loose, now nearly reaching her waist, and looked drop-dead gorgeous in a ladybug's colors.

They stared at each other for quite a long time before the photographer cleared his throat. Marinette flushed a brilliant pink. "Right, sorry."

They easily slid into the first pose the photographer directed them to take, then the second, then the third. "Ah, this is absolutely wonderful!" The man cheered. "Mister Agreste, Miss Rossi, do take notes. That is how you look in love without being overly touchy. Miss Dupain-Cheng, Mister Todd-Wayne, have you ever considered a career in modelling?"

Marinette smiles. "Actually, I design. I prefer to be the one making the clothes, but I do sometimes model my own designs."

"Billionaire's son." Jason waves his hand lazily before easily dipping Marinette, eliciting pleased exclamations from the photographer as he snapped away. "Don't need to."

.o0o.

Tim slams down a fashion magazine at breakfast the next week. "Explain. You have thirty seconds."

Jason and Marinette look at each other and shrug.

"We stumbled on a Gabriel photoshoot. Adrien and Lila fucking sucked, so the photographer enlisted us instead." Jason says, before stuffing his face with Alfred's pancakes to avoid being asked more questions.

"You guys looked amazing!" Dick cheers. "Made the front cover and everything!"

"Yes, with a kiss." Damian says, sounding mildly disinterested. "Did you two imbeciles forget that your relationship was not public yet?"

Marinette's eyes widen. "Merde."

Bruce taps on his phone for a moment. "Check your phones."

They all open the family group chat, where Bruce has sent a screenshot.

Jason Todd-Wayne: New Love Interest?

Wayne's Second Son Kisses Unknown Girl On Gabriel Cover

A Full Summary of the Waynes' Love Life

Who Is The Mystery Girl Kissing Jason Todd?

"Oh mon dieu." Marinette moans, burying her face in her hands. "The media is going to have a field day when I reveal as Coccinelle at the Wayne Gala."

"Tt, don't be silly, Marinette." Damian sniffs. "The media was going to have a field day either way. You and Todd just made it worse with your stupidity."

Jason snorts. "Says the one who made the front page of the Gotham Gazette with a beautiful image of himself making out with one Jonathan Samuel Kent."

Damian flushes angrily and throws a fork at Jason's head, prompting the table to descend into chaos. Marinette grins into her plate. All in all, a pretty normal morning.