day 19- wild

"We're going to the zoo!" Dick announces. "Everybody is mandated to come. Otherwise, Oracle's locking you out of all your devices for a month. And by everybody, I mean everyone who dons a costume at night to beat people up."

Marinette groans. This is not going to go well.

Scene I: The Giraffes

"Hey, it's the giraffes!" Steph exclaims. "Woah, those are really tall."

"We would have to stack three Damians to reach the height of one female giraffe." Tim remarks, clutching a large thermos of coffee.

Damian snarls. "Do you wish to die, Drake?" Bruce snatches Damian's backpack from him before he can pull out his knives.

Jason pokes Marinette in the side. "Male giraffes are eleven feet. If you stood on my shoulders, we'd be around that height."

"Yes, yes, I know. Call me short, Jay. But I could easily punch you in the groin if I wanted." Marinette grumbles. She pointedly ignores the commotion next to her.

Damian has tackled Tim, Dick is trying to pull him off, Steph is cheering him on, and Cass is happily watching the giraffes. Bruce is rummaging through Damian's backpack and grimacing at the amount of weapons the child packed.

Go figure.

Scene II: Elephants

"Well, this kind of stinks." Jason remarks, as the baby elephant in front of them decides to take a poo. They all collectively gag as the smell wafts their way.

"Let's just move on." Bruce decides, and the group starts walking, except for Damian.

"Five more minutes, Father." The boy commands. "It is too adorable to leave."

Marinette has never been more glad that she always brings face masks around. She hands one to Jason and puts the other on. At least this muffles most of the scent.

Bruce sighs. "Damian-"

"Five minutes, Father." He hisses dangerously.

"Guess we're stuck here." Tim says sadly. "It's going to be a long five minutes."

Scene III: Reptile House

"Mari! Look here! It's a Burmese Python!" Jason calls, pointing to a massive snake coiled in one of the terrariums.

Marinette shudders. "Eugh, these creep me out. Guess I use the mouse miraculous too much. I just hope we can move on soon."

"This snake is beautiful." Damian declares, gesturing at a King Cobra. "I wish to keep it as a pet."

"Little D, this is a zoo!" Dick chastises. "Not an animal shelter with pets up for adoption!"

"Are you crazy? That's the longest venomous snake in the world!" Tim shrieks.

Damian sniffs. "Precisely, Drake. I wish to train it to attack you, just as I have with all my other pets."

"You- what?" Tim splutters. "That's why none of the animals like me? I'm changing your Wifi password."

"You wouldn't dare!"

Steph walks up to Marinette and Jason, holding out a tub of popcorn. "Want some?"

"Thanks." Marinette reaches for the popcorn, then freezes. "Wait. Where'd you get this?"

The blonde grins. "I have Cass on my side. Anything is possible."

"Speaking of which," Jason frowns. "Where is she?"

Scene IV: Butterfly House

Dick shrieks as another butterfly flaps past his head. "I swear, these things are trying to kill me!"