day 14- fake dating

"No, Adrien, for the last time, I don't want to go out with you."

"Why? I'm a perfect gentleman, rich, and a model. Why wouldn't you want to date me?"

Marinette resists the urge to throttle the blonde, and spouts the first thing that comes to mind. "I already have a boyfriend." She moves to stride away, but Adrien grabs her wrist.

"Who is it?" He spits. "Who could possibly be better than me?"

Time to make something up. "Jason Todd-Wayne." Marinette shrugs her hand out of Adrien's grip in his shock and runs home.

Once she's in the privacy of her own room, she transforms with Kaalki and heads straight to the Cave. Robin is sitting on the couch reading Pride and Prejudice for the billionth time.

"Uh, Jason? I have a favor to ask you. Can we go to your room?"

"Sure." Once Jason closes the door behind them, he asks. "What's up?"

Marinette smiles sheepishly. "Well, Adrien asked me out again today and I said no, but then he wanted to know why I kept turning him down so I said I already had a boyfriend."

Jason raises an eyebrow. "And how, exactly, do I fit into this?"

"I kinda told him that you were my boyfriend?" Jason looks at her face and bursts into laughter.

"Don't laugh, Jason! I need you to pretend to be my boyfriend in front of my classmates so they'll get off my back about rejecting Adrien!" Marinette crosses her arms. "Do it for your best friend?"

"Sure. Okay." Jason wheezes. "Do you want me to come pick you up from school a couple times or something?"

"We have to go to Andre's at some point as a couple." Marinette muses. "It'll be suspicious if we don't. Picking me up from school would work, I think."

"What about PDA? There needs to be at least some to be convincing, right?"

Marinette turns pink. "Well- uh- only what you're comfortable with. We already have nicknames for each other. Are you okay with hand holding?"

Jason nods. "Cheek kisses will probably be necessary too, but nothing more than that. That cool with you?"

"Yep!" Marinette says. "I'm French, we do those anyway. We need to establish a background. How we met, how we started dating, et cetera."

"Easy. You and I met at Jagged and Penny's wedding last year. We kept in touch after that, and I asked you out six months later when I came to Paris to visit. I brought you a bouquet of roses and a box of dark chocolate, your favorite. We went on a walk down the Seine. Tomorrow is our six month anniversary, I'll pick you up from school to celebrate the occasion."

Marinette blinks. "How did you come up with that so fast?"

"I read a lot of romance, Pixie." Jason grins. "Plus, I'm a Bat."

Marinette spends the next day at school being carefully watched by Adrien. When the final bell rang, she made sure to leave in the middle of the crowd, to make sure that if he didn't see Jason, at least others would and would report it back to him.

Sure enough, Jason is standing outside a limo (why are all the Waynes so dramatic?), scanning the students. Marinette hears the whispers already, and grins.

"Jason!" She calls, and his head snaps towards the sound of her voice. Marinette takes a running start and crashes into him while wrapping her arms around him, eliciting an oof.

"Hey, Pixie." Jason laughs, pressing a light kiss to her scalp. "Happy six months. You ready to go?"

"Of course." Jason opens the limo doors and lets Marinette step inside first, then shuts the door after him. Alfred smiles at them from the front seat.