day 6- shooting range

"Please?"

"No."

"Pretty please?"

"No, Jason. I am not going to the shooting range you made Bruce install in the gym." Marinette grumbles. "I do not need to learn to use a gun, nor will I never find myself in a situation where I will need one."

Jason huffs. "Sorry to break it to ya, love, but you're patrolling in Gotham, now. You're gonna have to use a gun sooner or later. Even B knows how to use one, though he highly disapproves."

"No."

"Fine, you'll come to me later when you realize that it's a necessary skill."

____________

The Joker breaks out of Arkham during dinner, and the next twenty-four hours are spent searching for him. They locate him in a warehouse in the outskirts of the city, and walk right into a trap.

Batman is off-world, Nightwing is in Bludhaven, and Robin is currently knocked out on the ground. Ladybird's yoyo is across the warehouse and Joker has Red Hood, minus the helmet, which got cracked earlier in the battle, in a vice grip with a gun to his temple.

The only thing in Ladybird's hands is a pistol she picked up earlier when she lost her yoyo to whack a goon in the head with. She hates it when Jason's right.

Ladybird keeps the gun pointed at Joker, maintaining an even expression.

"Drop the weapon, birdie, or this one dies a second time." Joker cackles, and she feels a surge of hatred towards the clown. "You have five seconds."

It's a stalemate.

"Five." Ladybird can't make a move without Red Hood dying.

"Four." She's never shot a gun before.

"Three." Even if she did shoot the hand holding the gun, there's no guarantee her aim would be precise enough to not hit Jason.

"Two." Unless... She didn't shoot the hand.

"One." Ladybird presses the trigger, and Joker collapses, hand going slack and gun falling to the floor.

Red Hood looks at the clown disbelievingly. "Love, did you just shoot the Joker's balls off?"

Ladybird grins. "Don't tell me he didn't deserve it." Said clown moans in pain, while still managing to cackle.

"...Have I ever told you how much I love you?" Hood asks. "Because I love you so, so much right now."

Ladybird presses a quick kiss to his lips. "Let's get Robin and get this over with as soon as possible. Police will be here any minute."

"Sounds like a plan. Let's haul this clown's ass back to jail, hopefully after an extensive hospital stay."

Red Hood smirks. "Not so fast. I did tell you that knowing how to shoot a gun would come in handy, didn't I?"

Ladybird sighs. "Yes, yes you did. I'll meet you in the gym tomorrow afternoon?"