Chapter 5: Day 2 (Overprotection)

Start from the beginning

"By the way... Where's Levy?" I asked with concern. "She told me to come early... Has something happened?"

Wendy and Carla explained me everything. Apparently, Levy never made it home for some weird reason. Even though she was supposed to be guarded by Gray and Juvia, she completely disappeared! And to top it all, Gajeel did as well!!!

Both of them were nowhere to be found! And that certainly didn't sound good! At this point, all I could do was hope for Levy to be okay. I gotta admit however, I found really strange the fact that everything turned out wrong for Levy, whereas for me, it all turned out perfect!! Of course, there was still that important matter Levy wanted to discuss, but I honestly believed nothing could go wrong for me anymore.

Anyway... Not only did Wendy and Carla knew what happened to Levy, they also helped her with her research the day before. So, whatever it was that Levy wanted to tell me, Wendy could do it instead.

"So, what is the important thing that I must know, Wendy?" I asked the young dragon slayer.

"Oh, right! It's about the reason why Natsu-san acted so romantic yesterday" she answered with a concerned expression.

The reason behind Natsu's sudden romantic side...

Well, that would certainly be interesting to learn about. But, I didn't really need to know it. After all, I really liked this loving and caring side of him... and an explanation wouldn't change that.

"Listen carefully, Lucy-san" Wendy continued. "The way Natsu-san is going to act today will be very different from yesterday"

Different? How different? What was she trying to say? "What... what do you mean?" I asked after startling a bit.

Before Wendy could answer my question, she was abruptly interrupted by the guild's door being smacked open. Everyone turned around to check what happened, but all we found was an exhausted Natsu panting heavily with a concerned expression on his face... and when I say concerned... I mean REALLY CONCERNED... What happened? Did something bad occurred yesterday after he left?

As Natsu's worried look explored every single corner of the guild, he finally stopped when our eyes met. "LUCY!" Natsu yelled, desperately, as I widened my eyes while unable to understand what was going on. The next thing that happened was totally out of place... He ran towards me, not caring about pushing everyone aside, and stepped firmly in front of me while holding both of my arms. "LUCY! ARE YOU OK?!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cana POV

Levy and Gajeel were missing... We still knew nothing about Laxus, Erza or Mirajane... and just when I thought things couldn't get any weirder... Natsu kicked the guild's door open and showed everyone an extremely concerned face full of desperation. He was sweating.. and he clearly rushed here as fast as he could... But that's not all! He started inspecting every single inch of the entire main hall with rigor, looking for something... or someone... in particular. Finally, he stopped once his gaze reached my favorite blondie.

"LUCY!" Natsu yelled desperately, after which he ran towards her, pushing aside every single one of us on the way, and taking a firm grip of both of her arms. "LUCY! ARE YOU OK?!"

"Y-yes, Natsu" Lucy replied a bit weirded out. "What's wrong? D-did something happen?"

"I should be the one asking that!" Natsu claimed in return, only to then... Well, read it yourselves... "Did you have breakfast already?! Did you eat something healthy?! How many hours did you sleep?! You look a little pale! Are you sure you are ok?! You should wear some more clothes! It's a bit cold outside! I don't want you getting sick!"