Chapter 11: The Truth - Part II

Emeli POV

<<Aproximately 400 years ago>>

It was a beautiful, bright and heavenly weekend... The typical in which one could witness cute children playing, innocently, over the grass... and birds singing and flying around, making the view even more relaxing than it already was... Yeah... The perfect day to go outside, have a picnic, gather with friends, or maybe just find peace with nature itself...

...

...

...

...for those who had time for something like that at least.

In my case however... I was just as busy as any other day, experimenting, studying, testing and failing time after time to fulfill the task/favor that one of my dearest friends had asked me some time ago. What is more, I was in a rush and under a lot of pressure... mainly because I didn't have much time left to complete that favor given that... the conclusion of the 400 year plan... was almost upon us.

Anyway, even for as focused as I was in my studies at that moment, I knew it was almost time to leave them in standby for the rest of the day. This because I was supposed to gather with my dear friend in order to report him all that I had accomplished regarding the task he entrusted me with.

So... Yeah... After leaving my house and walking for almost an hour, I finally arrived to the small piece of forest where he usually spends time having fun with his son. "Igneel! Are you here?!" I asked out loud while searching for my friend.

"He's not here, Emeli" a mysterious female figure that I knew very well replied from behind in a friendly tone.

At that moment, I turned around and gasped in happiness after confirming who was the owner of such caring voice. "Anna! It's good to see you!" I claimed with a big smile while closing in to yet another of my greatest friends in life and member of the Heartfilia clan itself, Anna Heartfilia.

"It's good to see you too" my dear friend replied with a grin, only to then focus back on the previous topic. "If you are looking for Igneel, he left some time ago in search of some food for the kids"

"I see... And how are they by the way?

"You wanna see them?" Anna mischievously asked as I startled slightly.

"W-well... You know me..." I shyly muttered with a fake grin. "I'm not that good with kids... So..."

"It's okay! Come on!" she finally replied with a big smile, after which she forcefully grabbed my hand and took me some other place deep in the forest where we found a beautiful esplanade of grass with lots of vegetation, a creek at one side, and more importantly... a group of 5 adorable children playing around.

Not just any children though... Those were really special and unique kids with a great and dangerous fate waiting for them in the future... DRAGON SLAYERS... to be precise...

Their names were...

"NATSU! WENDY! GAJEEL! STING! ROGUE!" Anna playfully yelled while calling the younglings. "COME HERE AND SAY HELLO!"

The kids were so busy playing around, that they didn't even pay attention to their dear teacher/sitter at first. Nonetheless, a couple of seconds later, the whole gang finally realized we were there and approached us while still playing and messing with each other in an innocent way... Actually, it would be more accurate to say that most of the 'messing' was caused by none other than Igneel's pink-haired troublemaker son.