Chapter 12: The Truth - Part III

Emeli POV

It was 11:30 pm...

Yukino-san and my dear Lillia were at the kitchen preparing a special anesthetic potion for Vicelogia and Skyadrum's children. However, Lucy-san, Igneel's son and I were still in the living room, just the 3 of us.

That's right... There were still a few very important things I needed to explain the lovely blondie about Dragon Slayer Mating Season... A little compilation of details which, unfortunately, proved that this hellish period of time was in fact an event not to be taken lightly by any means.

But enough of that... Let's just do this one more time...

FOR REAL THIS TIME...

...

...

...

Love... Overprotection... Possessiveness... Sadism... Masochism... Dominance... Lust...

It doesn't matter how many lewd or scary personality changes the male dragon slayer ends up experiencing over the course of mating season's week. In the end, those side-effects only last that... 1 mere week... So, there shouldn't be any problem about it, right?

Well, not exactly.

One can easily get confused by believing Dragon Slayer Mating Season is just a one-time thing in life and that, when it's over, everything regarding the dragon slayer's body and mind will turn back to the way it should be without any further consequences for the future. But unfortunately, the dark and gloomy truth is...

...THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A 'FUTURE' FOR THE DRAGON SLAYER FOLLOWING THAT.

Dragon Slayer Mating Season isn't just a special period of time, it's also period of change... of transformation... of metamorphosis... a deadly metamorphosis to be precise.

During the first 3 days, nothing weird apart from the drastic personality changes takes place. But starting from the sadistic 4th day onward, the body starts to get impatient... Impatient because the dragon slayer has not yet fulfilled his objective of successfully courting his most loved one. And as a result of that, it begins to slowly ROT from the inside.

That's not all there is to it though... Just as the dragon slayer's body deteriorates progressively and without stopping, his mind also starts to unconsciously send desperate messages to the person he is trying to seduce... Messages of danger, torture and suffering.

In other words, the dragon slayer starts begging for his special person's help, and that special person ends up receiving those messages in the form of a weird and disturbing feeling that keeps filling his/her mind with terrifying ideas and images of the respective dragon slayer experiencing the worst pain of his life (Sounds familiar?).

So, yeah... The more time the dragon slayer takes in seducing that special person in his life, the more his body deteriorates to the point of no return. And if by any chance mating season comes to an end without the dragon slayer having successfully achieved his goal, then his body literally stops working completely until the only possible future for him is...

...DEATH.

...

...