Chapter 5: Day 2 (Overprotection)

Lucy POV

Day 1 of mating season was over... But now, day 2 fell upon me...

After everything that happened yesterday, I actually felt eager to see Natsu again... and I even ended up falling asleep with that thought stuck inside my head. However, after waking up and stretching a bit... I startled at the fact that he wasn't anywhere to be seen.

He didn't barge into my room like he usually does... and he didn't greet me with that characteristic smile of his... A tiny bit of sadness took over me at that moment, but then I figured that he may had already been waiting for me at the guild... Yeah... that was probably it...

I got ready and left immediately, and while on the way, I kept thinking of and reviewing the great time I spent with Natsu the day before. In any case, upon arriving at the guild, every single one of my friends greeted me and immediately approached me with curiosity... All while I desperately tried to hide my happiness. Though, it was useless due to the big and genuine smile that was plastered on my face and that everyone surely noticed.

At any rate, I began searching for Natsu while being bombarded by lots... LOTS of questions. However, that idiot was once again nowhere to be seen. 'He probably just fell asleep' I thought to myself while taking a long sigh.

Patience... Yeah... I just needed to be patient... After all, Natsu would surely arrive sooner or later.

On the meantime however, I took a seat at one of the nearby tables and finally gave myself some time to explain the others everything that happened after Natsu dragged me out for our... 'date'.

"Amazing!" Romeo claimed in surprise. "Who would've said that Natsu-nee could be so romantic?!"

"I know, right? It surprised me too!" I replied, happily, while leaning my head on one hand. "Having a date with him just felt... so magical..."

"Still, this is all due to mating season" Carla added with a more serious tone. "So, you shouldn't make yourself illusions, Lucy"

"Yeah, yeah... I know... It's only that... I really enjoyed myself" I said with a grin while slightly blushing, something that caught everyone's attention.

Without losing a single second, Cana sat right next to me and put one arm around my shoulder. "I see..." she said with a mischievous smirk. "Seems like someone is finally succumbing to love"

Hearing those words caused me to blush even more than before.

Normally, I'd be desperately trying to deny all those things and rumors about me 'liking Natsu' and... 'wanting to be her girlfriend'. But this time, I didn't argue back... I didn't feel the need to do it at all! I simply remained silent and all flustered, but happy nonetheless. Happy because I couldn't wait for Natsu to show himself... Happy because I couldn't wait to spent a great day with him yet again... But most of all, Happy because my friends might've been right about everything...

Right about the fact that perhaps... just perhaps...

...

...

...

I do love Natsu...

...

...

...

But enough of that... There was something else that caught my attention apart from the unusual calm that surrounded the entire guild... And that was the fact that Levy wasn't anywhere around. Something must've surely gone wrong... After all, she was supposed to be here... She said she had something important to tell me today.