Chapter 16: The Day After

Lucy POV

It was 9 in the morning already, and I found myself back at Emeli-san's house after the terrifying and desperate experience from the day before. What is more, I was in fact inside the middle-aged woman's room, seated on a chair and staring with a crazy worried expression at none other than Natsu... who had been sleeping over the bed that whole time.

In case you don't remember, last night ended up being the moment of truth... The last confrontation against Dragon Slayer Mating Season. However, and even though I really did what was necessary in order save my dear friend from his tragic deadly fate, I still had no idea whether I had managed to do it in time or not.

"Natsu..." I muttered to myself while letting out a few tears. "Please... Please, wake up... Idiot..."

"He's going to be okay, Lucy-san" a soft female voice suddenly told me from behind, after which I slightly turned around only to find Emeli-san herself entering the room while still riding her wheelchair. "Igneel's son is very strong... And I'm more than certain he got your message last night"

"Emeli-san..." I once again muttered while slightly blushing as the woman placed herself right next to me.

At that exact moment however, a very interesting and quite curious doubt took form inside my mind...

A question that regarded one of the few mysteries which Emeli-san had still not given and explanation for about Dragon Slayer Mating Season AND herself. "Excuse me, Emeli-san..." I started as the wise woman turned to look at me.

"Uhm? What is it, Lucy-san?" she then asked with a puzzled expression.

"Well... I definitely don't blame you for anything of what happened the last week but... I really need to know" I added while turning around to look at Emeli-san as well, after which she finally ended up startling at what I just happened to ask next. "Why weren't you able to finish the remaining dragon lacrimas?"

That's right... That was the question that was still plastered inside my mind. And even though it may actually sound like a very easy and simple question to answer, the middle-aged woman didn't really reply... At least not immediately...

She just turned her gaze downwards while letting out a troubled expression which then surprised me a bit when it just suddenly changed into a soft and caring smile out of seemingly nowhere.

"Why didn't I finish the lacrimas, huh?" Emeli-san muttered while turning to look at me again. "Well... I guess you could say... it's the same reason you had for even considering giving yourself to Natsu last night"

Right after hearing that, I couldn't help but to get all flustered and embarrassed at the fact that, last night, I really did agree to do... 'that'... with Natsu... I really did felt happy for being him the one who was going to be my... first time... And what is more, even when it didn't actually happen, I really did gave up myself completely to him without any problem.

Oh jeez... Why did I act like that? Was it because of the pressure of the moment? It had to be that, right? I mean... Natsu and me doing that sort of thing does sound... it sounds...

...

...

...

Not so bad after all...

...

...

...

Wait a sec... WHAT THE HELL AM I THINKING?!

"Wh-what are you... t-t-talking about?" I finally asked Emeli-san with a flustered expression, only to then have my heart touched at what the woman on the wheelchair claimed to be her reason for not fulfilling the task she had been entrusted to do long ago.