Funny Faces | Ponyboy

↬ Date: November 10th, 2020
↬ Prompt: You feel sad after a pretty bad day, so (X) tried to cheer you up with funny faces as you cuddle.
↬ Trigger [Warning]: None.
↬ Words: 738.
This is pretty short but I have so much school to do.
⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

Slamming (Y/P) locker closed, (Y/N) stomped out of the school. To start the day, (Y/N) woke up late, and (Y/P) first-period teacher was being a complete nag about it. Second, (Y/P) third-period teacher had misplaced (Y/P) five-page-essay and tried to say (Y/P) didn't do it, despite the cramp still being in (Y/P) fingers. And third, (Y/P) last-period teacher assigned the dumbest and longest assignment of the year to them. HE ONLY GAVE THEM A WEEK TO DO IT TOO!

(Y/N) just wasn't having a great day and (Y/P) just planned on going home and sleeping, but a hand on (Y/P) shoulder caused (Y/P) to stop. (Y/N) glared at the person who had just touched (Y/P) and snarled before (Y/P) realized it was (Y/P) boyfriend. The boy's eyes widened before his face softened.

"I'm real sorry, Pony." (Y/N) sighed, (Y/P) backpack strips were clenched in (Y/P) hands. Ponyboy smiled slightly, pitifully.

"It's alright. Is everything okay though?" Ponyboy asked and (Y/N) felt (Y/P) eyes burn, "I think the whole school heard your locker."

"Yeah," (Y/N) muttered with a hard chuckle, "I'm- I'm fine. Thanks for asking."

"You don't have to lie to me, you know?" Ponyboy said and (Y/N) rolled (Y/P) eyes, "We've been together for almost a year now and we've known each other for three... I know when you aren't alright."

"Today just sucked so much, Pony," (Y/N) whispered, (Y/P) strips falling from (Y/P) hands. Ponyboy's lips tightened before he pulled (Y/N) into a hug. (Y/N) hugged him back tighter as (Y/P) felt (Y/P) eyes burn again.

"Let's go to my place. No one is gonna be there for a few hours," Ponyboy offered. (Y/N) nodded and let Ponyboy hold (Y/P) hand. They took the familiar path to the Curtis boy's house, "Lay on the couch. I'll go make you some tea."

(Y/N) followed what Ponyboy said without much thought, but as soon as (Y/N)'s head hit the armrest, (Y/P) mind caught up.

"Do you even know how to make tea?" (Y/N) asked and Ponyboy's face flushed. He didn't say anything but after a few minutes, the kittle hissed. Ponyboy walked back into the living room with a steaming mug, "Pony, when did you learn how to make tea?"

"Uh... A couple of months ago," Ponyboy muttered, "I had Darry teach me since I know you like tea a lot..."

(Y/N)'s bottom lip quivered as (Y/P) stared at Ponyboy. He looked up at (Y/N) before (Y/P) hugged him. Ponyboy hugged (Y/P) back, confused.

"I really like you, Pony," (Y/N) said into his ear, and Ponyboy's cheeks flushed again. Ponyboy held (Y/N) to his chest as (Y/P) slowly sipped on the tea. Ponyboy moved them so his back against the armrest and his legs were stretched out on the couch with (Y/N) between them, once (Y/N) was done with (Y/P) tea.

"Pony..." (Y/N) muttered, no real sentence in mind. Ponyboy's arm tightened around (Y/P) stomach in a hug.

"Do you feel better yet?" Ponyboy asked softly. (Y/N) shrugged. (Y/P) felt a little better but not by much. Ponyboy thought about something to make (Y/P) laugh, "Hey, look at me for a second."

It took (Y/N) a moment to get the strength to move but when (Y/P) did, (Y/P) smiled at Ponyboy. He had crossed his eyes, risen his eyebrows, and bared his teeth.

"You look weird," (Y/N) pointed out but (Y/P) smile stayed. Ponyboy looked at (Y/P) with his normal face but he pulled another face that caused (Y/N) to giggle. He smiled at (Y/N) before pulling another face that made him look twenty years older than he actually is. (Y/N) laughed as (Y/P) covered his face with (Y/P) hands, "Stop! You look so weird!"

"Tat's da poit," Ponyboy tried to say but (Y/N) had accidentally pulled his top lip up and he couldn't properly say words, causing (Y/N) to giggle more as (Y/P) moved (Y/P) hands, "Do you feel better now?"

"Much," (Y/N) whispered fondly. Ponyboy nodded softly.

"Good." (Y/N) pressed a kiss to Ponyboy's cheek and Ponyboy pressed one to (Y/P) forehead. (Y/N) laid (Y/P) head on Ponyboy's chest as (Y/P) felt sleep hold (Y/P) hand. Ponyboy fell asleep with (Y/P), still holding (Y/P) just as tight as he did when he was awake.