Schlatt - Glasses

Hello hello, hope everyone is safe and well. England is going back into lock down as of tomorrow so I don't have a job or people to see so hopefully I will find some motivation to write more since I will actually have the time now. Going to give some Angsty stuff a go, so if you have any ideas plz let me know 😊

PAIRING: Schlatt x Reader

Words: 900

Requested by: @-lovelysupernova

--------------------------------------------

You tried not to make a big deal about them, you didn't tell anyone or send anyone a photo once you were given them. Today you'd gone to your eye doctor and they'd given you your new glasses. It was a few weeks back that you initially had your appointment and were given the news that you would have to start wearing glasses.

It wasn't that you didn't like them, on other people they looked so cute and even your boyfriend Schlatt wore them and you thought he looked adorable every time he sat them on his nose. But you hated the idea of having to wear them yourself. Worried that it would bring unwanted attention to yourself or make you look worse than you already felt you did.

The door latched as you leant back on it, placing your keys on the side table and tugging off your shoes while you still stood by the front door. You couldn't hear anything, like music or chatting, like you usually would with Schlatt in the house so you sighed of slight happiness – knowing you wouldn't have to face his teasing for a little while yet. After making your way to the kitchen to grab a drink, you headed to the living room to finish an episode of your favourite show you were on.

It was an hour or so later, your legs now covered by a throw from the back of the couch, your drink long finished and your eyes intensely watching the screen. The door clicked shut once again, you noticed the sound but didn't move, knowing he'd come find you anyway.

"Y/n?" Schlatt's voice echoed, slight grunt in it as you assumed he was bent down untying his shoes.

"Living room!" you called back, slightly tilting your head towards the door but still not moving your focus.

From the corner of your eye you could see his body stop in the door frame, leaning his shoulder onto the wood as he crossed his arms. What you couldn't see was the small smile on his lips as he looked over your frame, curled up and looking so comfortable, his brows furrowing slightly as he then noticed the glasses that sat above your cheeks.

"What are these?" he quizzed softly, striding over and tucking his leg under himself as he sat besides you. His hand reached out and touched the frames, making you jump slightly back into reality as you remembered you were wearing them.

"I um.. I need glasses now" you mumbled, dragging your eyes up to look at him after you view had dropped to your lap.

"When did you even have your appointment? I don't remember you telling me" Schlatt commented, leaning back on the couch but still turned towards you.

"A few weeks ago, got these today though" your voice was hushed out of embarrassment, you couldn't quite tell what his reaction to them was.

"Why didn't you tell me?" he asked, making you bite your lip and look back at your hands.

"I didn't want to make a big thing out of them.. I don't like them" your words, though honest about your dislike, were followed by a small chuckle to break the seriousness.

"How many times have I told you how great you look in mine whenever you've put them on" Schlatt was shaking his head, he brought one hand up and started lightly stroking your hair before he rested it on your back,

"That's different though, these I have to wear all the time or my vision will get worse, not for just a few minutes with yours"

Schlatt rolled his eyes and got up from the couch, you watched as he left the room with your heart sinking as he made no comment. But within a few seconds he was walking back in, a smile gracing your face as you noticed the specks on his face. His own grin grew as he noticed yours, walking back over to sit on the cushion.

"Well now we match" He stated simply, "I should really wear these more often anyway, and since you need them now, we can look like a couple'a nerds together"

"Aw you'd make yourself look like a nerd for me" you tease, any anxiety you had fading as you took in the way he was looking at you. He nodded, grabbing your hands in his.

"I'd do anything, even if it means looking like a geek, for you y/n. You shouldn't have to question that" you then leant over to press a kiss to his lips, however as you were about to you felt a slight barrier on your cheeks, opening your eyes to see your glasses against his and couldn't help the laugh that escaped you.

"Ah yeah so kissing might take a bit of getting used to" you muttered, a few inches away from him now,

"Ugh what a shame, guess we should get practicing" Schlatt sighed sarcastically, bringing his hand up to cup your cheek to bring your face back to his. Your giggles erupting before being silence by his lips.