Meeting Cooper

PAIRING: Cooper x F-Reader

Words: 2K

------------------

Cooper had seen you around the skatepark many times, never with a skateboard though. Sometimes you were with a group of people he'd assumed were your friends, your laugh topping theirs and it echoing in the air even when you sat on a patch of grass many meters away from him – the sound making him smile as he tried to concentrate on his tricks. Or sometimes you were by yourself, sat watching people skate around you, some days with a pencil and paper scribbling away and sometimes just a small smile on your face and moments of awe when you'd catch someone land a kickflip or 50/50.

Today was like one of the latter days. The air was cool in San Diego, a cloudy evening with the sun ready to set but the perfect time for a trip to his favourite place. He'd noticed you as soon as he skated in,  your knees tucked up against your chest, hood over your head and you intensely watched a young kid and his dad going up and down a ramp. The wind lightly played with your hair that escaped your hood, waving it in the breeze. Your fingers wove around the laces of your trainers, the plastic tip being toyed between your thumb and finger.

Cooper was knocked out of his trance by another boarder who had only lightly tapped him as they went into the park. A quick exchange of apology from both was had before Copper actually got into the park and decided to try and make an impression on you. Thankfully it was fairly empty, so he made his way to the large space of flat ground to start off with some easy tricks.

What he couldn't see was your quick redirection of attention from the young boy and his dad to cooper as soon as you knew he was there. You'd seen him many, many, times. Not that you'd admit it, but he was the reason you were there so often. Your friend had introduced you to this area a few months back after she'd said it was fun to watch people, and she was right. You'd been entranced by the tricks, flips and sounds of the skatepark that you were there almost every day. Then you saw Cooper, a week or two after you first started coming, the first time you came here alone in fact. He looked like the typical skater boy, blond longish hair, orange bucket hat and some Thrasher shirt that looked a little big for him. And god did you think he was cute. Plus really good at skateboarding. Since the first day you saw him you liked his style, and his will to keep trying no matter how many times he failed.

Today was no different.

Cooper started with a couple ollies and kickflips just to get in feel with his board before he skated over to the ramp, riding up and back down to then jump and grind smoothly down the rail that was there. Well, that was the plan at least, not quite how it panned out. The jump was clean but his board didn't land on the bar as he had wanted. Soon his body met the ground with a thud, his board rolling away. "Idiot" he whispered to himself, eyes closed as he sighed. He'd experienced worse landings and knew he was okay, but he would admit it hurt a lot.

Well he'd admit that until he heard quick footsteps and soon saw your eyes at level with his, his board in your hands and a slight pant in your voice as you asked, "Are you alright? That looked painful"

He didn't respond, too taken aback by your voice and closeness to him. A light pink hue rose to your cheeks as you noticed him simply looking over your features and smiling slightly. You shuffled from your crouched position to lean your knee next to him.

"Are you okay?" you repeated, realising he was still on the ground and holding his arm to his chest. Cooper literally shook his head a little to bring himself back to reality which made you smirk.

"I'm- I'm good yeah, just a little fall" He chuckled, going to stand up and brush himself off but once he was back on two legs he limped to the side from a sudden pain down his right leg. Your eyebrows furrowed.