Cooper - Baking

PAIRING: COOPER x F-Reader

Words:1.5K

------------------------------

"Coopieee" You called, lightly knocking on his door before letting yourself in. Leaning on the doorframe as you watched him twirl in his chair to look at you, a grin pulling at his lips as he saw you.

"What y/nn" he copied your dragging of his name with yours, earning a light laugh from you.

"Can you help me with something? If you're not busy"

Though you hadn't meant to, Cooper's heart warmed at your puppy dog-like eyes as you asked for his help, your head leaning against the backs of your hands that perched on the door frame.

"Sure, always got time for you" he insisted, quickly saving his progress in the edit he was doing before standing and walking over to you. Swinging his arm around your shoulders once he got to you and began walking.

"Aw you're too cute" you gushed, wrapping your arms around his waist, and giving him a quick squeeze of a hug.

Cooper looked down to you, wanting to spill pages of compliments to you in thanks to your comment, but instead just chuckled and shrugged. "I know I am"

You rolled your eyes. Guiding him down the stairs and towards the kitchen where his help was needed.

"So, what do you need my assistance for?" he quizzed, letting you go and walk around to the other side of the island in the centre of the room. He then noticed the array of ingredients that lay across the counter-top behind you.

"Well, you know that guy Jack I've been out with a couple times? He wants to make me dinner tonight, but I wanted to help so said I would make the desert.. but I have no idea how to do that" you chuckled, brushing your hair behind your ear as you looked over all the ingredients and felt overwhelmed.

Cooper's heart sank a little at the mention of Jack, like it does every time. He had nothing against the guy, he seemed nice and Coop was there when you met him at the grocery store - even made his own conversation with Cooper before asking for your number. Cooper heard all about the dates you had been on and the sweet messages he'd sent you over the past few weeks you'd been seeing him. But he had what Cooper wanted, you. So therefore, he didn't like him.

"Ah" was all Cooper said initially, making you turn back to look at him with your brows wrinkled and smile fading from your face. Cooper quickly went back to smiling in hopes you wouldn't question him. "What were you thinking of making?"

"Well, you know that chocolaty-spongy-lava-cake thing you made for Travis' birthday? I loved that and I think Jack would too. But I need your help because as you know, from the attempted boiling an egg incident, I'm not good a cooking" you answered with laugh, which made Cooper smile - recalling that incident.

"Okay, well you might want to change, knowing you – you'll manage to spill everything on yourself and get nothing in the bowl." He stated pointing at your top which he knew was one of your favourites.

"nah it's okay, I found these for us to wear!" you cheered, pulling on one of the draws and extracting two pieces of fabric. You walked over to cooper and handed him one, him then realising they were aprons and shaking his head.

"I don't need one" he insisted, going to put it down on the side but you shook your head.

"Please, don't make me feel like an idiot on my own in an apron" you pouted, making Cooper give in and put the string over his head and tying the other around his waist. You doing the same.