Travis - Baking

PAIRING: Travis x F-Reader

Words: 740

---------------------------------------------

"Mmmmm"

You lifted your head to see where the content sounding groan had come from, seeing your boyfriend Travis stood in the doorway. His hood was pulled up over his curls and hands shoved in his pockets, eyes closed and a small smile on his lips as he breathed in. You smiled at him once he'd opened his eyes, his own grin growing.

"What'cha making?" he quizzed sounding slightly tired, walking over to you and wrapping his arms around your waist, leaning his head against your shoulder.

"Muffins! I really fancied some fresh cake, and since I know there's always hungry men around who have no boundaries when it comes to how much they eat, I'm making a couple batches." You replied, leaning your head back to lean against his for a few seconds before you stood up straight again, going to mix the batter in front of you.

"What flavours are they?" he mumbled against your top, pressing a kiss you barely felt against the fabric before stepping back and lifting himself to sit on the counter-top next to you.

"Just vanilla, but I might make some chocolate or birthday cake frosting to put on top"

"What does vanilla taste like?" he asked, the thought very random but sounding  genuine. You paused your stirring to look at him confused,

"What do you mean, what do the vanilla muffins taste like? They taste like vanilla, I don't know how to explain that?" You stated with a laugh, shaking your head while your hand still held the bowl and spoon.

"Yeah but how do you describe vanilla as a taste to someone who can't taste" Travis continued, his feet swinging slightly, his head tilted up towards the ceiling in thought.

"Suppose you can't really describe most tastes without using other taste to describe it.. like orange, how would you describe how orange's taste?" you asked, watching as he turned his face to you.

"Uhh, tangy, citrusy...... orangey.." he started mumbling and words fading as he trailed off his thought. You giggled again,

"See, you can't." You shrugged, "Tastes are just tastes. Same with sounds and smells, colours and feelings. You can't really describe a new one without using other things to describe them."

"Weird how oranges are orange" Travis mumbled, his train of thought evidently taking off from a new station.

"It is weird Trav, you're right" you shook your head.

The timer then went off, signalling that the first batch were done. You grabbed the gloves off the side and took out the tray from the oven, placing it on the counter-top next to you, on the opposite side to where Travis still sat watching you.

"Can I taste test them?" He asked quietly from beside you, reaching out one of his hands slowly towards the tray.

You lightly swatted his hand before you took it in your own and brought it back to his lap, "No, they're too hot and unfrosted, you have to wait a bit" you stated, stepping over to him and standing between his legs to peck his lips, making him blush. His hands moving to hold yours properly.

"They're not the only things that are too hot and unfrosted in this kitchen" someone commented in flirt as they turned into the kitchen, both of your heads turned to meet Cooper's dumb smirk as he walked over and grabbed a drink from the fridge.

"Cooper don't flirt with my girlfriend" Travis whined, pouting at his friend while you giggled at his childishness.

"Sorry Trav, had to be said and I knew you weren't going to" Cooper shrugged before leaving the two of you alone in the kitchen again. You eyes soon went back to Travis', his eyes looking down at your hands as he played with your fingers.

"Hey" you said quietly, making him look up at you again. His smile lopsided. You reached up and placed another kiss to his lips, then his nose – making a small giggle escape him. Happy with the reaction, you stepped back to your mixture and began pouring it into the muffin cases you had put out before placing the new tray into the oven and setting another timer.

As you turned back to Travis you could see his view was unfocused and his brows furrowed slightly. You were about to ask what was up, but he spoke up.

"Hey, y/n?"

"Yeah Trav?"

"What did Cooper mean by you being unfrosted?.."