Cooper - Jealousy

PAIRING: Cooper x F-Reader

Words: 1.8k

------------------------------------------

Jealousy was second nature to you. Every day it loomed over you. Lingering in your head, every thought you had. You couldn't help it. And it was one boy that always brought it on you.

Since the first day you met Cooper online, to where you became friends, eventually met and moved in together - You were in love with him. Something about the way he smiled when you gave him a dumb response, made your knees weak. Something about the way he said your name when he is shouting that you were taking too long in the shower, made your heart flutter. Something about the way he talked so passionately about things, whether politics or a new game he's discovered.

But, every almost weekend he'd bring home a girl. They'd crash into his room and instantly your headphones would be on and a random filmed played on the TV to distract you. Every time he had a new girlfriend, he'd say "She's the one" and talk about them nonstop. Not that you weren't happy for him. But it wasn't you.

Your Friday had started like any other. Getting up late morning after streaming till stupid o'clock in the morning, arguing over who's in the shower first. Both still in your bed rooms until it was time to leave for the office. Then you'd argue about who was going to drive that day. Since you both had your set ups in the office you shared with the rest of Lunch Club, it only made sense that one person would drive. You got to the house and went your separate ways.

You had gotten a lift home today, all your editing was finished earlier than you expected and since Cooper drove you would've had to wait. Thankfully Charlie had to leave early too so gave you a ride home. You were now starting your typical Friday routine, getting into PJ's and choosing what takeout to have. Now, Cooper was usually a part of the decision making. But a while after you had come home, he came rushing in, running to his room.

"You alright?" You called from the living room, confused as to his state.

"I'm late!" He shouted back, crashes and thumps coming from his room. Again, you were confused. He was going out, and he didn't tell you? Not that you told each other all your plans. But Fridays were always your lazy, takeout night.

"Who you meeting up with? I'm sure they'll be fine if you're a bit late" You said as you walked towards your room to grab your phone, passing his as you went.

"No, I'm going on a date!"

Your heart sank, just like all the times before. Another girl got him, while you sat in your PJ's, Chinese being shovelled into your mouth while you watched a crappy rom-com alone, crying.

"Ah" was your only response. Why were you surprised? He was a catch! Any girl would be lucky to have him.

Within 5 minutes he was knocking at your bedroom door, he pushed it open, slightly out of breath from his quick actions.

"How do I look?" He asked smiling, arms wide. His shirt was buttoned almost all the way up, a little skin left poking out of the top. His 'nice' pair of jeans adorning is legs and some of his cleanest trainers on.

"Very handsome" You replied, a blush creeping to your cheeks at your honest answer. "So, who's the lucky girl?"

"Just a girl I met last Saturday, why you wanna know?" he quizzed harshly but curious.

"Just wondering if I knew her" you said defensive,

"Well you don't" he replied, "well, I'm off" with that he closed your door and left. You sat in bed once again confused.