~ Chapter 9 ~

Sorry for the late update guys. Had a bit of writer's block and have been busy  too. Then there's the whole editing process. So yeah... Oh by the way, just a little heads up. This book will have more SasuSaku than NaruHina because I find it easier to write and because I'm a huuge SasuSaku fan. It's my OTP. 

Anyway, hope you enjoy this chapter.

~ Cherry

---------------------------------

It was a Saturday and as usual, Konoha was loud and cheery as always. The sky was coated in a light blue with fluffy clouds scattered around. The Hokage Monument was standing tall and proud all the while watching over the village much like a guardian. Our four time-travelers were sitting at Ichiraku's.

"So *slurp*  tonight *slurp* then", asked a blonde as he slurped his ramen earning a hit to head by yours truly. "Itai Sakura-chan". 

"Don't talk when you're eating Naruto", reprimanded a pink-haired kunoichi but the blonde paid no attention to it. "But anyway, I think we should do it tonight because it will be too late by the time Itachi will take action", she said turning back to the group. "What'd you think Sasuke-kun?", she asked the Uchiha. 

He sighed tiredly. "I don't know", he admitted. Naruto stopped eating and looked up. He had never seen Sasuke so, so defeated. Ok well maybe he has but all the recent events must've obviously taken a toll on him. 

"It's ok Sasuke-teme. How about we talk about him tomorrow", the blond suggested. He turned to Hinata and nodded. "Let's call it a day", he got up as patted Sasuke on the shoulder and walked out with Hinata. 

Sakura looked at Sasuke and smiled softly. She knew what she had to do as a wife. And because Naruto had asked her too but she would've done it anyone. She dragged him of their stool and remembered Naruto didn't pay. A vein bulged in her head. "That Naruto... Ugh!!!", she muttered curses and slammed the bill on the table all the while ignoring Sasuke's chuckles. "Come one Sasuke-kun", she took him to her house. "We're going relax". Sasuke sighed at the pink-haired kunoichi's actions. She always knew how to make him talk without any protest unlike Naruto who had to practically beat the words out of him. 

: :

"You think he'll speak to her?", asked a blue-haired girl. Her blond companion grinned. 

"If anything, he'd tell her before he has to eat her fist unlike with me where I have to beg and annoy him into telling me", he grinned. "The Teme trusts her more than anyone so he'd be stupid to not even tell his own wife if he knows what's good for him", he rubbed his head and winced. "I can almost feel her punch". The blue-haired girl giggled at him and sighed.

 "Do you think we're rushing things Naruto-kun?", she asked him. He looked at her for a moment and shook his head. 

"The massacre is a few months away and it'll take ages to convince the elders and Hokage too", he looked thoughtful. "And let's hope Sasuke-teme doesn't have his panties in a twist after today!", he laughed to himself at his own wording. Kami, time-travel must be making him go insane. 

: :

Back with Sasuke and Sakura. They were sitting under a tree in training ground 44. Also known as the forest of death. Sakura was sitting next to Sasuke with her head on his shoulder and his head on top of hers. 

"So what's been bothering you Sasuke-kun?", she looked up with her eyes. "You've been acting weird lately", she pointed out. She saw him bite his bottom lip in nervousness. "You don't have to me if you don't want. I just want to make sure you're feeling ok". But the problem was Sasuke didn't know how to say it out loud so instead he turned his head and looked into her eyes. Onyx met emerald.