~ Chapter 10 ~

Sorry for the late update guys. I've had a busy week with Year 9 Orientation and homework. But anyhow, I hope you enjoy this chapter. 

~ Cherry

-----------------------------

"Where is the idiot?", asked a frantic pink-haired in the class. It was graduation day at the academy where they become genin and Naruto isn't even here yet. As if he heard her, the door slammed open revealing an orange clad blond ninja with his forehead protector gleaming proudly tied around his head with a shit-eating grin on his face. He opened his mouth to speak but was caught off guard when Sakura dragged him towards his seat, cursing under her breath. 

"You idiot Naruto. Where were you?", she dropped him in his seat and sat in the middle of him and Sasuke. 

"I uhh.... slept in", he said in a small voice. Sakura's eyebrow twitched but thankfully, Iruka saved the day by entering the classroom at that very moment. 

"You're off the hook this time but you better tell me what made you sleep in and I'm guessing it has something to do with how you achieved your protector", he nodded, "Hey, where's Mizuki-sensei?", she then saw Naruto smirking. "Naru-", she got off by Iruka. 

"Ok class, today, for those of you who passed", he looked around the room and smiled at Naruto who grinned. "We'll be putting you into teams of three and each of those teams are lead by a jonin instructor", soon to be Team 7 again had anticipated this moment for 4 years and finally they could see their old sensei again. "Team 1.....", they watched as a jonin came in and took the three students with him. This repeated until it came to the rookie 9 teams. The three sat straighter. They prayed the teams didn't change this time around.

"Team 7; Uzumaki Naruto, Haruno Sakura", the girls in the class prayed it wasn't Sasuke. "And Uchiha Sasuke", silence met the statement which was soon broken by screams. 

"Yes Dattebayo we're in a team", Naruto was practically prancing around classroom shouting. And the fangirls screeched when Sakura just hugged Sasuke but blinked as Sasuke patted her back. There cold-hearted Uchiha Sasuke just basically hugged a someone in their class. An ex-fangirl no less.

"Team 8 consists of Hyuuga Hinata, Aburame Shino and Inuzuka Kiba", the class quieted down again and watched a female with long black hair and piercing red eyes wearing bandagey kind of cloths walked up and introduced herself as Yuhi Kurenai. 

"Team 10, Nara Shikamaru, Akimichi Choji and Yamanaka Ino", Ino groaned. 

"Great, why do I have to get stuck with the Fatso and Lazy ass?", she asked. There shouts of "Hey I'm not fat!!! Just big-boned" and "Troublesome woman". There was a poof and a man with a cigarette in mouth took the future Ino-Shika-Cho trio away. 

: :

Class had finished hours ago and their sensei still hadn't shown up. Typical Kakashi. 

"Hey Naruto, tell us how you became a genin since we didn't exactly know last time". Naruto paused as he walked towards the door to do his famous prank on Kakashi again. 

"Well you see, Mizuki asked me to meet him in the forest of death with the scroll of sealing an- ahhh", he had to duck because Sakura threw a chair at him and shrieked. Literally. 

"YOU WHAT?!" 

"Let me explain ok. Jeez Sakura-chan, calm down", he said and continued. 

~ Flashback ~

"Naruto, you're up next", so the blond boy went into the examination room and saw Mizuki smiling at him. That smile was so fake even Sai could do better than that.