~ Chapter 7 ~

If any of you realized that I changed the cover, all the credits go to my good friend.... SUNNY :):

She is very talented in editing and photography. This chapter is credited to her for taking the time to not only edit my cover but also change my description who we both deemed that it needed redoing. So this chapter is a shout to you SUNNY. 

Thank you soo much!!!

Anyhow, enjoy this chapter......

~ Cherry

----------------------------

There was an eerie silence in Konoha. The night sky was pitch black with only the street lights on and the stars to give light. The only sounds you could hear were the chatter of it's villagers and shinobi in their homes. Normally the streets would still be filled with many civilians and shinobi alike but tonight, they felt a sense of foreboding. Only the bright lights of the Akasen were on with it's usual workers and customers bustling around it's streets.  There, outside of it's safe walls were four figures leaping from tree to tree to get to their destination. More like target. 

The four were disguised as typical shinobi. Even the choice of hair color as to not cause suspicion as for the results of tonight's upcoming event. They wore typical ROOT ANBU clothing with their grim and determined faces hidden behind clay masks. A word was not uttered but their actions spoke lengths of trust as they split up with a nod to each other when they reached a clearing in the forest. 

The two females of the group went west while the two males of the group went east. Sakura and Hinata had landed outside a cave, waiting for their two male companions to return with another. Engaging each other with a light conversation, they passed time as they set up a small camp, far out from the village. 

"I hope Naruto-kun and Sasuke-san get back safely. This is Danzo we're talking about. Anything could go wrong", the lavender-beauty muttered to herself. "No Hinata, don't think like that. They'll be fine ok, they'll be fine", she chanted. But the pink-haired kunoichi heard her mutterings and sent her a reassuring smile. 

"Don't worry Hinata-chan, they'll be fine. After all, it is Naruto and Sasuke". The Hyuuga nodded. "Plus, we always know even though those two idiots always come out scathed, they still where grins on their faces like Naruto just saw the most ramen in the whole world and Sasuke actually had emotions..... N-not that he doesn't", she quickly added. It took a moment but soon after, their laughter rung out through the forest. 

Meanwhile with the boys. Naruto and Sasuke we're running at a medium pace which was pretty fast but hey. They were practically the strongest ninja in the whole village. If not the whole world. But no one needed to know that. Yet......

It took a few more minutes before they finally found Danzo and his ROOT ANBU cornering Shisui. They both jumped down with such grace and silence only few could possess. Shisui caught their gaze and they put a finger to their mouth and he nodded. Both Naruto and Sasuke. Quickly took out the first few ANBU as quietly as they can but Danzo was already aware and had ordered more ANBU to attack while he narrowed his eyes at the two new ANBU. 

Danzo was thinking who these two ANBU were. They were killing his ROOT operatives with ease. Almost as if they were made for it. His thoughts first went to the Uchiha. Did they somehow figure out his plans and sent men to eliminate him? No, Itachi and Shisui would never dish him out if they knew what's good for them. He then thought of Hiruzen. Did he somehow figure out about ROOT still operating. But it can't be!! He had been running ROOT undercover for a long time and plus, Hiruzen was too soft and only cared about feelings. Nothing about skill and he was far to lenient to notice about ROOT.