Chapter 28 - This Decision Has Nothing To Do With You Harry

Start from the beginning

"Kari wait," Harry grabs my arm. I pull away from him without a glance back. Right now a one way ticket to Australia is in my future if I like it or not.

Harry’s POV

I didn’t know whether to be mad at Zayn or myself right now. Zayn had promised he wouldn’t tell, but then I never told Kari like I said I would. Either way Kari was gone. Why I didn’t run after, I don’t know. I should have. But there was a high possibility of her ignoring me even if I did. I let out a groan and face planted onto the hard, box spring hotel mattress. I am an idiot. No, I am an idiot that fucks everything up if he means to or not.

Just then I heard an urgent knock on the door. I slowly got up and went to answer it. No matter what I do, that is the last time I face plant into a hotel mattress. When I get to the door I slowly open it praying that someone has possessed Kari and made her come back. But I was wrong. It was an enraged Claire with an emotionless Zayn and concerned Niall right behind her. At least she can’t kill me now.

“What did you do to Kari?” She asks immediately.

“I asked her to marry me,” I said sarcastically.

“This is not the time for jokes Styles. I have no idea what’s going on except for the fact that my best friend is gone,” She spat at me.

“Oh, so Zayn almost kept his promise,” I said. If Claire was going to be mad at me, she was going to be mad at Zayn too.

“What promise?” Niall spoke up.

“Come in and Zayn can tell you how he fucked everything up,” I gave him my best death glare. He glared back as he followed Claire and Niall inside. I left the room to go get Liam and Louis too. If the truth is going to come out, it’s going to come out to everyone. Once everyone was settled I turned the attention to Zayn who stood in front of everyone. He didn’t look nervous or ashamed, just mad. At me.

“As you can see, we have all gathered here in this Michigan hotel room for a very important reason,” he started, “That reason is Kari.”

Everyone was silent and stared straight ahead at Zayn.

“Right now Kari is most likely at the airport with a one ticket to Australia because of Curly over here,” He accused me.

“It’s not all my fault,” I retorted.

“It is your fault Harry,” Zayn shot back. I stayed silent this time.

“Before we left Japan Harry got a phone call from Uncle Si. It turns out that a band wanted Kari to help them with their debut album, but Harry never told her about it because he needs to work on his trust skills,” Zayn gave me a fake smile.

“It was an Australian boy-band for crying out loud! You know that Zayn. You know why I can’t trust them!”

“Hold on everyone!” Claire said, ending my confrontation with Zayn. “Zayn, don’t try to make Harry feel worse than he already does and Harry, you’ll get your turn to talk. Let Zayn finish.”

I wearily nodded. Even if I wanted to, I don’t think I could keep my mouth shut. As Zayn began to speak again I chewed on my bottom lip to keep from yelling at him.

“To make a long story short, I told Harry that he need to at least tell Kari about it or I would. Harry said he would so I did promise not to tell Kari, but today at the airport, I did. I guess I just didn’t want to keep her in the dark any longer. But come on, Harry’s a procrastinator as it is. He would never tell Kari,” Zayn finished and sat down.