Chapter 6 - An Open Book

CHAPTER 6 – AN OPEN BOOK

 AN: Hey everyone! It's me again with an update! I don't really have much to say other than you guys are amazing! Over 5,000 reads on My Best Friend! I know I say this a lot, but I never expected it!    I mean, I could blabber on forever, but I won't. Here's chapter 6!

   I found myself back in Ireland. Back at school to be precise. It was back when me and a boy named Xavier had been dating awhile. We were sitting in a deserted corner of the lunchroom making small talk like usual. Then his demeanor changed. He took both of my hands in his.

            “Kari, you’re a great girl and I really appreciate you helping me get back on my feet,” he said. Me, being a stupid young teenager, was confused.

            “What do you mean?”

            “I think we should see other people,” he said softly before getting up and sitting at a different table. A fake blonde girl had saved him a seat. When she saw him she smiled. He sat down and they immediately started snogging. That’s when it hit me. Xavier hadn’t cared about me. He had just cared about getting over a breakup. Tears burned my eyes. I got up and quickly left the lunchroom. I ended up skipping the rest of the day.

            I woke up to someone shaking me. I rolled over and saw it was Claire.

            “What?” I asked groggily.

            “You were crying in your sleep. Then you screamed. I figured you were having a nightmare so I woke you up. It’s time to go to sound check anyway,” she explained. That’s when I remembered my dream about Xavier.

            “Um, I think I’ll just stay here,” I mumbled.

            “Come on Kari! Please come!” Claire pleaded. I thought about it before giving in.

            “Great! Let’s get changed!” she said happily.

            “My luggage is in Harry’s room,” I stated.

            “So go get it,” She said. She wouldn’t let me avoid Harry would she? I swear I have the world’s most stubborn girl for a best friend. I huffed and walked to Harry’s room. I knocked softly. Harry answered and gave me a surprised look. Oh god. Of course he had to be shirtless. He noticed my glance.

            “Like what you see?”

            “No,” I lied, pushing past him.

            “What are doing?” he asked.

            “Getting my luggage,” I said in a monotone voice. I headed for the door.

            “Why?”

            “I’m staying with Zayn.”

            “What?”

            “I think you heard me,” I said walking to Zayn’s room. I knocked and turned the door handle. Unlocked. Oh Zayn, you must learn to lock your door. I stopped when I heard shouting. Zayn was on the phone with someone he obviously didn’t like at the moment. He saw me and quickly hung up.

            “Who was that?” I asked. He avoided the gaze I sent him.

            “Perrie,” he blushed.

            “Really? Why was she mad?”

            “She saw a picture of me hugging Jamie.”