Chapter 31 - A Phone Call and the Only Possible Solution

CHAPTER 31 – A PHONE CALL AND THE ONLY POSSIBLE SOLUTION

Harry's POV

A million thoughts were going through me head right now. How did she have my number? I don't remember giving it to her. And why was she even calling me? I thought I made it clear that I didn't like her. She must want something. Oh God, what does she want?

“Britt,” I started, “um, why are you calling me?”

“Isn’t it obvious?” she asked, sounding offended. Well, it might have been obvious to her, but I had no idea what the hell was going on right now.

“Well, not exactly,” I answered cautiously. Gosh, I want this conversation to be over.

“I heard you and, um, what’s her name broke up. I thought you might want someone to comfort you,” she purred.

“Her name’s Kari and we didn’t break up,” I said harshly.

“That’s not what every gossip magazine says,” she said.

“Okay, we simply took a break. We never broke.”

“Oh Harry, silly little Harry. Taking a break and breaking up are the smile thing,” she laughed. I sighed. We both knew she was right.

“I can help you take your mind off her,” Britt spoke up.

“Um, I’m fine Britt. Thanks for your concern, but it would be appreciated if you didn’t call again,” I said quickly. I took the phone away from my ear.

“But Ha-,” I cut Britt off by hanging up. My goodness, did that really just happen? I shiver ran through me. At the moment Britt was my worst nightmare. There is no doubt I’m changing my phone number after this.

“Harry?” a voice cut off my thoughts. I went to the door and opened it up to see Zayn standing with his hands stuffed deep into his jean pockets.

“Hey Zayn,” I smiled, trying to get over the phone call.

“Hey,” Zayn said back,” it looks like you’ve seen a ghost.”

“More like heard one,” I chuckled. Zayn gave me a confused look.

“Britt called me,” I explained.

“Britt? She called you? What did she want?” Zayn asked.

“She was just trying to move a move,” I shrug and Zayn laughs.

“She definitely is persistent,” he comments. I nod in agreement.

“So what do you want?” I asked in a friendly way.

“Claire was starting to doubt her speech. Please tell me it worked so she stops pacing,” he pleads.

“Don’t worry, if I think of a plan she can stop,” I said.

“And how long will that take?” Zayn asked.

“At this rate, a while,” I sigh.

“Well good luck then,” Zayn says, starting to leave. I could ask him for help, but then my apology would have a lot less meaning. I let him and I was alone. The story of my life. Or at least my day.

That’s when it hit me. The only possible solution. I was alone. Well, I had the lads and Claire, but you know what I mean. All I had to do was get rid of my loneliness. How could I do that? Go to Australia. I had to go. And as soon as possible.

I stood up from where I had been laying down quickly and got that odd dizzy feeling. I steadied myself and ran to Paul’s room. I lifted my hand to knock on the door, but stopped myself. I wouldn’t be allowed to travel across the world to Australia. We were on tour and had a concert tomorrow. I could sneak of, but then I would get in more trouble then I would if I asked. So I followed through with my action and knocked on Paul’s door. He answered quickly.