Chapter 33 - A Date to Never Remember

AN: Before you read, keep in mind it's a story. It will get better so please don't kill me!

CHAPTER 33 – A DATE TO NEVER REMEMBER

            Yesterday I might as well have been an idiot. Why in the world did I agree to go on a date with Harry? Oh, yeah, because then he’ll leave me alone. But do I want him to leave me alone? I don’t even know. Right now the only thing apparent to me is that my mind is as mixed up as a cake batter ready to be baked and four teenage boys are “helping” me get ready. Yes, once they all heard about this little deal they decided to take action. And by take action I mean suggest horrible dresses and play with my makeup. I could already tell this was going to be a horrible day.

            I ended up picking out an outfit by myself a half an hour later. I was thankful for Ashton who at least attempted to help me, but eventually got sucked into the apparently exciting world of makeup too. Once I was changed I kicked the boys out of my room so I could finish getting ready without any stress.

            At 7 o’clock sharp there was a knock on the door and I knew it was Harry. He always was on time. It was just one of the things I loved about him. Being on time showed the girl that you cared about her.

            I took one last glance at myself in the mirror and went over to the door. I took a deep breath and opened it. When I did I saw an admittedly handsome Harry waiting for me. Gosh, stop saying that Kari. You’re mad at him.

            “Hey,” I said.

            “Hey, you look beautiful,” Harry complimented me. I couldn’t help but blush.

            “Thanks. You don’t look too bad yourself,” I admitted. I saw a smile play across his lips and I knew what he was thinking. I was putty in his hands. Think again Styles.

            “Should we go?” Harry asked. I nodded and took his extended hand.

            “Where are taking me this time?” I asked him as we were walking down the hallway.

            “Kari please, you know me. I can’t tell you,” he laughed.

            “Yeah, I know,” I mumbled. By this time we had gotten to the car Harry had rented and he opened the passenger door for me. Always a gentlemen too. Was he trying to make me throw a bomb at my own brick walls? Because it sure seemed like it right about now. He climbed into the driver’s seat and pulled out the parking lot, accelerating down the road.

            “You better know where you’re going,” I warn Harry.

            “Don’t worry, I remember,” Harry assures me. I smile weakly and turn on the radio. I skim past the stations playing One Direction until I land on an R&B station. I turn up the volume a bit and listen to the song, nodding my head to the beat.

            “I remember the first time we met,” Harry speaks up,” and I remember being surprised by your, um, wide variety of music. You said R&B was your favorite.”

            I smiled. I can’t believe he remembered that. “You remembered.”

            “I always remember important details,” Harry smiles.

            “Not all of them though,” I say, putting him back in his place.

            ‘What do you mean?’ he asked.