Chapter 38 - The Visitor (Part Two)

CHAPTER 38 – THE VISITOR (PART TWO)

Kari’s POV

            “Zayn Malik!” I yelled before he disappeared into a room.

            Well, shit.

            Why I was so scared to turn around I didn’t know. When I first got here I was confident that I could tell Harry what I had to say and then leave, but now that wasn’t the case. I guess this is one of those times where it’s easier said than done. And if Harry hadn’t already seen me then I would run right out of the state right now. But he had. Damn you Zayn.

            I turned back so I was face to face with Harry. He looked completely dumbfounded.

            “Hi,” I said sheepishly.

            “Kari,” he said. Before I knew it, he had taken a step closer to me and engulfed me in probably the biggest hug ever. Well, this is a different reaction than I expected.

            “What are you doing here?” he asked when we pulled apart.

            “I came to say I’m sorry,” I admitted.

            “Come in,” Harry said, abruptly stepping aside. I nodded and followed him into the room. We sat down on opposite sides of the bed and I waited for Harry to say something say. Wow, it was déjà vu from my conversation with Zayn.

            “What about the deal?" he asks suddenly.

            “The deal was that I could do what I wanted and I wanted to apologize for being so stupid,” I said a little more confidently.

            Harry stayed silent.

            “Harry, that deal was stupid. I think I would have agreed to go on a date with you anyway. I don’t know what it is about you, Harry Styles, but I can’t stay mad at you. I know you’re mad at me though,” I confessed. I looked down and fidgeted with my hands.

            “I’m not mad at you,” Harry said quietly. I looked up abruptly.

            “You’re not?”

            “No. I was just disappointed in myself.”

            “Disappointed in yourself? Why on earth would you feel like that?” I questioned.

            “Because I let you get away. I didn’t do enough to prove to you that I regretted lying to you,” Harry said.

            “You didn’t have to do anything. I knew you felt bad. I was just being a bitch,” I said.

            “You never have been and never will be a bitch,” Harry retorted. I didn’t respond. I didn’t know what to say, how to react.  I felt like everything had been said.

            “So, what now?” I asked dumbly.

            “How about this?” Harry said, leaning closer to me. Suddenly he placed his lips firmly on mine. I felt frozen. How could all of our arguments just be solved? It felt too easy. We pulled away and Harry frowned.

            “What’s wrong?” he asked.

            “It feels too easy.”

            “We both realized our mistakes. That’s not easy. It also hasn’t been easy being away from you,” Harry explained.

            “I just thought that you would hate me after all of this drama,” I admitted.

            “I could never hate you,” Harry said sincerely, taking my hand in his and giving me a goofy smile.

            “I swear you will be the death of me,” I giggled.

            “Is that a bad thing?” Harry asked.

            “I don’t actually know. Let’s see what happens.”

            “Well for now let’s go tell everyone else you’re here,” Harry said leading me to the door.

           Once all the boys had found out I was here, we all gathered in Harry’s room and caught up. Liam was still lovely and responsible. Niall was still funny and hungry. And Louis was still Louis.

            After talking for hours, I went along to their concert. And let’s just say that Florida is mental. It felt just like old times. Well, I guess they actually weren’t that long ago. It felt like ages though.

            Now I was back at the hotel with Harry. We were in his room doing absolutely nothing. I was lying on one side of the bed staring at the ceiling, Harry on the other side with his arm around me.

            “Life always seems to have a funny way of working itself out,” I commented.

            “You just learned that?” Harry smirked.

            “Well people always said that, but I never really believed it until now,” I explained.

            “I always knew,” Harry bragged.

            “So you knew this was going to happen?” I asked.

            “Yep,” he smiles.

            “Sure you did,” I say skeptically.

            “I did,” he defends himself.

            “Whatever,” I say.

            “I love you,” Harry says.

            “I love you too,” I reply without a second thought.

AN: Hello everyone! I know this chapter is a little late, but I was busy. I feel like I say that in every author’s note. Oh well. I hope you liked this chapter. I think it’s okay. I couldn’t think of a better way to write it though. But thank you for all the amazing support!

Well, today I went to a baby shower. It was the worst two hours of my life. I knew nobody there except my grandma, aunt, mom, and cousin. And there were these little girls who had dresses and well all posh and proper. Yeah, no. Just no. I love my family dearly, but don’t put me in a room with pregnant women and small children. It will turn out badly.

*IMPORTANT*

But on a brighter note, I posted the prologue to my new book ‘Guitar Girl!’ Please check it out! The prologue is a little different feel than the book, but it all ties in and I promise you won’t regret reading it. I’ll start posting more after this book is complete.

How about 13 VOTES AND 6 COMMENTS for an update? Also, if the prologue of Guitar Girl could get to 100 READS before I post the first chapter, that would be awesome!

XxLily