Chapter 13: Awake

Sizhui puts his guqin back after the playing session then sits around waiting for He Guniao to wake up but it doesn't look like she plans on waking any time soon. He contemplates on quickly going to the library and grab a book but doesn't want her to wake up in a panic so be decides to leave her a note.

After writing a quick note, he sets it beside the pot of soup then notice a commotion approaching outside. The Royal Youth are back. They can't know that He Guniao will wake soon.

He quickly walks outside and shoots a spiritual lock and dome on the gate and around Gentian just as Zili tries to open the gate only to find it pushing back at her.

Zili: hey, that gives?

Sizhui gives a low shush then notice Jin Chan along with the other guys coming down the path. Each boy carry a good 8-10 box.

Sizhui:...what is all this?

Zili completely ignores Sizhui's question and come with her own: Eh, Sizhui gege, why did you lock the door?

Sizhui: Zewu Jun said that no one may enter Gentian from now while you were all gone.

JIn Ling: But aren't you inside Gentian, you're locked inside now.

       Sizhui thinks about the book that he can no longer leave to get now but shrugs it off, he won't let them know about He Guniao's wake.

Sizhui: You can't fly over or break my enchanted ward, perhaps you should all go rest?

Wen ning: Sizhui is just following orders. We shouldn't give him a hard time.

Wen Chao: ugh, just hurry up so we can rest somewhere, my arms are getting tired. (Wen Zhuliu stands next to him hold double the amount because Wen Chao didn't want to carry his share)

Yingtai:mmm, then let me know he Guniao's condition. I'll return home now.

Zili: wait, Yingtai. (looks around at all the boxes) Jin Ling, lower. (Jin ling goes a little lower) Jin ling, lower, lower, lower. (jin Ling just kneels on the snowy ground while Zili tip-toes to grab something from the top of his tower) Yingtai, please give this to your parents... and for you.

Zili hands Yingtai a gold box and Yingtai thanks her. Wen ning also volunteered to send Yingtai back.

Zizhen: Sizhui, you take care of Gentian House then, let's go rest in the backhill.

Jingyi lingers behind then whispers to Sizhui: You'll let me in, right?

Sizhui chuckles: not a chance

Sizhui walks back so Jingyi just stands there with the boxes in hand, pouting until he follows the others to the backhill.

*************************************

[Rewind to a few moments before]

The door lets in a cold breeze on the winter then is gently shut. He Bing's eyelids feel heavy as if she had cried a few hours prior. Her lips taste bitter like someone had been trying to feed her bitter tea [ahem Zili and Yingtai]. Her throat as dry and she wanted water. Her toes, fingers and the tip of her nose are cold.