Chapter 8: First Snow

In the kitchen of Cloud Recesses, He Bing, now wearing a soft white coat that someone had dropped off for her, sets down an empty bowl. It's dark and He Bing just wants to quickly get out of there before anyone spots her or think she's an assassin.
    She turns to go out the door but finds a man standing at the doorway. The person lights up a near by candle, lighting up the kitchen. It's Zewu Jun.
   He Bing bows to the clan leader who also gives a small bow back. Zewu jun looks at the tray and sees that there's only one bowl.
Zewu Jun with his hands neatly behind him walk into the kitchen: it's dinner hour but there's only one empty bowl. xiao He Guniao has been so busy taking care of Nie Gonzi, has He Guniao ignored the feeling of hunger?

 xiao He Guniao has been so busy taking care of Nie Gonzi, has He Guniao ignored the feeling of hunger?

       Now that Zewu Jun mentioned it, He Bing does feel a bit fatigue. Actually, her stomach feels a bit queasy. However He Bing thinks she'll make it through the night, it's just food.
He Bing: Lan Clan leader...
     Zewu Jun gives a bowl of warm soup to He Bing: I thought so, I've asked that a bowl be fresh and await you.
He Bing doesn't want to reject all his effort in preparation so she takes it: Thank you, Lan Clan leader.
   Zewu Jun: You can eat in peace here.
   He Bing gives a nod then Zewu Jun smiles and walks out. He Bing sighs and decided that she should eat it so she sits down and warm herself by drinking the soup.
He Bing: If only there was something spicy to pair this up with.
***********************************
Outside the Jiang chambers Jiang Cheng is practicing his bladework as Yanli sets a large pot down on the table.
At the sound of the pot set on the table, Wei Wuxian comes over and sits down at the table.
Wei Wuxian: Shijie, are we celebrating from A-Xing party?
Yanli smiles: Since we can't celebrate with A-Xing, I thought we should celebrate with each other.
Jiang Cheng stops his practice and huffs out a foggy breath into the atmosphere.
Yanli explains: I've invited Wen Guniao and Wen Gonzi. They will be joining us for dinner tonight so I don't want any bicker from you two.
Wei Wuxian holds three finger up to the sky: I promise, not even a little.
Jiang Cheng rolls his eyes: You keep surprising me each time you return from annoying Lan Er Gonzi without a sword through you. He sure has some patience for you. [god damn right Jiang Cheng! 😭👏]

     Yanli spied Wen Qing and Wen Ning so she goes to get them, bring them to the table where Wei Wuxian and Jiang Cheng greet them

Yanli spied Wen Qing and Wen Ning so she goes to get them, bring them to the table where Wei Wuxian and Jiang Cheng greet them. They take a seat, the Wen siblings sitting together and each Jiang sibling take a seat around them.
As they begin eating, Jiang Cheng is very concentrated on not say or doing anything stupid in front of their guests while Wei Wuxian makes conversation with Wen Ning about archery skills although Wen Ning uncomfortably and shyly reply's meekly.
Jiang Cheng is in his own thoughts and reviewing his studies in his mind and takes in a spoonful of soup.
Suddenly Wen Qing turns her attention to Jiang Cheng.
Wen Qing: Jiang Gonzi-