Chapter 29: One Life

The attack starts. Everyone does small attack that gets Wen Xu's soldiers congregating at either edges with enough room so that Zewu Jun's group of infiltrators can break into the cell where Wei Wuxian says Nie Mingjue and the others are being kept. When the group of students get into the dungeon, one of the older student cast a spell to keep the door shut while the other students attack Wen Xu's followers quietly.

Generals all run into Wen Xu's "chief" room and announce that each clan is making small attacks everywhere. Wen Xu is still not phased though. He stands up and huffs as one of the generals tell him that a troop of neither clan is also with them.

Wen Xu: Hmp! He Guniao's people are here! If they will poke the bear, they must have no fear of what the bear can do! Let's make an example.

Meng Yao follows Wen Xu: Wen Zongzu, What are you going to do?

Wen Xu: I'm going to get this mystery troop off my back! Bring He Guniao to the top gate!

Meanwhile everyone stands by to make the big move when told. Tangli and Prince Feiyi wait on their horses as the realm goes silent. Everyone waits.

Zili has been causing her own side of problems sneakingly throwing her poison at standing Wen Disciplines on the gates. Zili chuckles at her poison's work.

Zili: What a genuis, I am! While they stand there parallelized, it will seem as if there's no problem on this side of the boards.

Every clan is tearing down a bit of Wen Xu's boarders. It seems that there will be a successful ending. The sky team reports that Wen Xu is going to the front so each member of a team goes to see what Wen Xu will say.

Meanwhile in the cells, He Bing breaks their locks by a slash from Shao Lei and she quickly runs over to Nie MIngjue and the general, freeing them but the general is too weak to stand. Quickly, the Lan disciplines pass their spiritual energy to the general while everyone waits for new of what to do next.

He Bing goes to Yingtai: Pei Guniao, what are you doing here?

Yingtai holds He Bing's hand: I made a promise to Ars Master. In my dream, it indicated that he will end a terrible tragedy to come.

He Bing: What? You know wht- forget that, what's the plan?

Yingtai: We are to protect you all until the fight outside ends and we broke in quietly so they won't suspect this area being taken over. Should they come, we'll be ready for them.

A commotion with the Lan students begin as Jingyi is trying to take anyone's swords.

Jingyi pulling on a discipline's sword: Come on, I need a sword. I haven't seen mine in a week!

Jin Chan pulls Jingyi back: Jingyi! You can keep us safe without your sword.

Jingyi: Who said I need a sword to keep us safe? I just wanted a sword to hold

Jin Chan rolls his eyes at Jingyi.