Chapter 21: The Old Man

For the past two days, He Bing has dragged the Royal Youth all around the forest, setting up games for them to play such as Cultivator Hide-and-Seek, Cultivator Team-Tag, and many other actives that she would normally do alone. This was the first time that He Bing realized how much cultivation energy is reserved. That Lan Jingyi would keep on lecturing her on spending her very little cultivation for fun rather than building up her cultivation.

At every game, Wen Chao and Jin Chan were purposely paired together by He Bing. She was hoping that they would argue less if they argue everything out now. During the games, they would always loose due to their insult throwing across the forest.

The last two days was the same routine. The Royal Youth and Wen Chao would have breakfast then join the troop for blade work and some times study blade with Meng Yao, then they go do archery where Sizhui and Jingyi wait for He Bing to save them from further embarrassment. Then they have lunch in the forest in whichever unique way He Bing had designed then they play forest games where Jin Chan and Wen Chao always loose together. In the evening, they return to the Unclean Realm and the guys have dinner served by Xiaohui and Xiaomimi.

This was their last night there and they reflect on their stay at Qinghe. Some are almost sadden to leave while Wen Chao couldn't be anymore inpatient for the new day.

Jin Ling: Jin Chan, let's stop in town tomorrow. I want to get my mom something from Qinghe. (Jin Chan nods)

The door opens, Xiaohui and Xiaomimi comes in with the entrees for the evening. Everyone delightedly greet the kids.

Sizhui: Xiaohui, Xiaomimi thank you two for welcoming us for these past days.

The girl stays quiet but the little boy speaks: It's nothing, jiejie and I were just doing our jobs

The girl stays quiet but the little boy speaks: It's nothing, jiejie and I were just doing our jobs. Now let me tell you the entrees for tonight. This (starts setting down the entree on his tray) is simple stir-fried bok-choi. That (Xiaomimi starts setting down the entrees from her tray) is braised quail. (Jin Ling gasp at the cooked little quail on his tray) Then there's one more... (He Bing in her traditional Nie clothes with her blade, walks through the door with another tray) that is tofu soup. (He Bing sets down the entree as the children leave)

There's an extra entree set at the end of the table next to Wen Chao and He Bing sit at the end of the table. Everyone is quiet and surprised that He Bing is joining them for dinner on the last night.

He Bing set her blade down: Dage won't be able to join us tonight but he will be sure to send you off tomorrow. Everyone eat.

Zizhen: Woah~ everything looks so good. When I leave, I'll really miss Xiaohui's cooking.

Jin Ling: I will too. Fairy had been gaining a lot of weight on our stay here.

Jin Chan: Your dog was always fat like that. (everyone chuckles quietly)

Sizhui: I feel honor to be a guest at Qinghe. Such a rare chance to be hosted here.

He Bing clears her throat: I rarely do this but since it's that last night here, I bought some exclusive wine for us.