Halloween Dance

***I am so sorry for such a late update I've been so busy! But appreciate those who have/are sticking around! Thank you***

Y/N P.O.V

The four of you have finally arrived at the top of the DWMA staircase and looked at the school from outside as people walked in.

"Now, Liz, Patty? I want the two of you on your best behaviors. I won't be around the two of you tonight to help you look perfectly symmetrical. I'll be with Y/N for the time being." He said as he grabbed your upper arm and held you close to him.

"Kid, you won't even know we're here!" Liz said, winking.

"Yay! Sis! Let's go dance!" Patty said as the two walked into the school.

"Will you be alright, Y/N? I know that sometimes crowds can be a little overwhelming and-"

"Yeah I think I can manage."

"Alright. Well let's have some fun tonight." Kid said, giving you a warm smile.

The two of you walked in announced like a prince and princess should be. Your face turned bright red as Kid held your hand a little tighter, reminding you that he was right there.

You spotted Maka and Soul as you did a little wave. They walked towards you and Kid. You whispered into Kid's ear.

"Maka and Soul are coming this way."

"Wow, Kid. You look like crap." Soul said. Kid sighed.

"Hello Soul. Maka. Good to see you two again." Kid said, trying to look at them.

"Yeah! We haven't heard much from you guys since the mission. How are you, Y/N?" Maka said.

"I couldn't be better. I'm here with my date and I get to see you guys!" Maka looked at Kid and she grabbed my hand that was in Kid's.

"I'm so glad. Kid, I'm going to steal Y/N for a few minutes. Soul, can you hang with Kid?"

"I'll sure try." Soul said with his chill voice.

Maka grabbed my wrist and pulled me to a balcony outside, looking over the city. The stars shining bright. She looked at me with such serious eyes.

"So how are you, Y/N?" Maka asked, tears began to form in your eyes.

"I thought he was gonna die out there... it's on loop in my head every night. His death, his blood, his insanity. The worst thing of all is that I can't do anything about it. I just sit aside; useless." You went into Maka's arms and cried.

"Shhhh. Hey. Y/N...look at me. It's going to be okay. Kid has been through a lot. Sure he'll be rough around the edges as of right now but he's alive and recovering. That's all you can ask for right now. I promise he'll be okay. Now let's get back to our party. Put on a happy face." Maka felt like such a mother figure to you. She wiped your tears away. And fixed up your make up.

You took a sniff and tried smiling and said, "okay..."

The Grimm Reaper gave a two second speech, and began the party. Food was displayed how Kid liked it. Symmetrical. Games were in the next room. The ballroom had such a starlit glow to it. The Grimm Reaper was the Dj.

An hour into the dance, the Grimm Reaper dedicated the next song to you and Kid. The ballroom went dark and the spotlight was on yourself and Kid. Your dress glittered in the light. You dazzled like a comet as Kid lead you through the slow dance. He did not take his eyes off of you. Not even for a second to watch his steps. He didn't even falter. His father must've taught him when he was very young. His every move was so confident and firm. He looked at you and smiled.

"Y/N, you're so beautiful." Kid said as his eyes twinkled in the spotlight. You blushed.

"Thank you, Bubs." You said smiling. You kissed him on the cheek and the lights came back on. Everyone began to dance again.

Kid took your hand and he ran with you to the same balcony that you and Maka were at. He looked at the stars as you smile at him from behind.
He turned around and stared at you in amazement. You grabbed your hips and the two of you slow danced in the October air. He brushed his lips on your neck.
He grabbed your hands and pushed you against the wall hiding from the party lights. You could hear his breath intensifying. Butterflies crawled in your stomach as you tried to kiss him but his pressed his soft lips everywhere from the neck up. All but your lips.

"Say it." Kids voice was low, raspy.

"Say what?"

"You know exactly what." You both exhaled.

"Kiss me, Kid. Please. Kiss my lips."

"That's a good girl."

He didn't just kiss you. You were lost in his enchantments. As the two of you were caressing each other, as your head rested on his strong shoulder, he spoke.

"Y/N...I don't know what it is that makes you so special to me. Maybe it's the way you part your hair, or how the corners of your mouth are centered, or maybe it's how radiant your personality is, but I-" He suddenly stopped.

*Kid's P.O.V*

"But I-"

I felt a sudden, strong pulse through my chest. A pulse so strong that I was worried something was going to explode out of my chest...

I squeezed my eyes shut. The pulse began crawling through my body. I let go of Y/N. I was taking from her reach.
I was on my hands and knees.

"I'll get Stein!" Y/N said.

No...Y/N. Don't...leave. I saw her...I SAW HER run away from me and into the building before I blacked out.

*Y/N P.O.V*

I ran into the building and yelled for Stein. He came running to me. I cried and told him Kid was out on the balcony as the two of us ran to him. He was gone! Kid...