The Mission of Darkness

Y/N = Your Name
P.O.V = Point. Of. View

*This is one of my first published fanfictions. I hope you guys like it! Please share/comment :)*

°°°

You're too tired to continue, every aching muscle is throbbing, you're bleeding down the sides of your face and shoulders. But something pushes you to keep trying. You're using your weapon far greater than you imagined you could. You requip and call your sword and, like a magnet, it connects to your hand. "Let's do this, Crystal!"

A sea witch had hunted you, Maka, and Death the Kid down because you three are the strongest meisters the world has ever known.

"Y/N! No! She'll throttle you!" Yelled Maka. You and Crystal threw yourself at the sea witch and just like that, the three of you... vaninshed into thin air.

You swing your weapon at the sea witch. Hit her and hurt her, but you didn't realize that the three of you were stumbling down a deep dark hole. As soon as you put your guard down, the sea witch slashed you with her scepter. Your body was too weak to do anything else and from the looks of it, she didn't want you dead, because she didn't allow you to hit the ground. You tried to stand up.

"What do you want?" You said whimpering.

"I want your..." But before she could finish her sentence, you blacked out.

...

Death the Kids P.O.V

"She's gone..." Maka said in tears. This can't be the end of it. Wait.

"Maka." Kid said, "Liz, Patty, back into formation. I have an idea."

I think I know where they went. It won't end like this. I look at Maka with fear in my eyes. "She's too important to us, Maka. I know she's still new to the academy, but she's still a strong fighter. We can't let her die. Not like this. Follow my lead."

With my full power, I summon the spirits of direction...silence...I sharpen my ears and turned exactly where she cries out. I opened my eyes. "She's hurt. She's in a lot of pain. Come on! I know where they went."

We're coming Y/N.

Y/N P.O.V

You woke up to the most unlikely sound, dizzy and cold. You thought Kid's shaky voice was all you could hear in the distance. The air was wet and cold. You tried crawling with all your might to the sound of Kid's voice.

You could feel your body ache and half of your body fell asleep. Like pins and needles, you tried moving. Only half of your body was attempting. "Kid..." Your voice was so faint and just a whisper. You tried searching for Crystal. But she was nowhere to be found.

"Awake, are you?" The sea witch said. "I hear you're new to the institution. I was once a student there myself. You've met the staff? Wonderful people. And the principle? Well allow me to introduce his son. Death the Kid." The sea witch took a bag off his head. He gasped for air. What did she do to him? His head was bleeding. His eyes were bruised. Where are the others? Where's Maka?

"Y/N..." Kid faintly said. You tried standing up and raced toward him, stumbling. He was hanging by chains on his wrists and ankles.

"Kid!" You screamed fearfully, "It's okay. You're gonna be okay."

The sea witch grazed his pale cheeks with the tips of her fingers. "Stay away from him!" You yelled, reaching out to her.

"Aw. But he's so much fun to play with. Here, watch this." You couldn't move, you couldn't think. Pain this bad, you can't do much. The witch poked him in his palm where blood fell. He groaned and whimpered.

"Please stop!" You let out a sigh of pain. As you crawled toward them, your body throbbing, you were able to find Crystal, who was still unconscious.

"I found him and a couple of his urchins snooping around, trespassing my castle." The sea witch said. "Once I found out that this was Death's son, I couldn't just let him get back to Death City and snitch. So I plan to kill him here. As for you...!" She grabbed your neck, hung you in the air like a piece of string. "Don't hurt her! Stop!" She aimed her piercing eyes back at Kid who agonizingly hung from the shackles as they rattled. She let go of your neck as you bumped your head. She brushed her nails on Kid's neck. They must've hurt Kid, because he groaned and cried out. I can't let this happen.

Thankfully while the sea witch was chatting to Kid, Crystal awoke and she was able to transform into a rifle. Again, like a magnet, she connected to your hand. You pulled the trigger. Maka was able to find where you two were being held against your will. She appeared in battle mode.

With the two of you working together, you got into a position to aim and fire at the chains Kid was hanging from. He fell to his knees and almost fell on his head. Liz caught him, and swung his arm around her shoulders.

"Liz, Patty. Tranform."

"But Kid you're not-"

"Do as I say."

Liz sighed and they both transformed into twin pistols. Kid tried using Liz and Patty to shoot at the sea witch, but his hands were shaking. He couldn't focus his wavelengths to Liz or Patty.

"Ouch! Kid, what's up? Your wavelengths feel like pins and needles." Says Liz.

"I can't...focus. My vision is going..." Kid said. You noticed him looking around but couldn't look directly at anything. You saw him falling as he closed his eyes. "Y/N..." Kid stuttered. You caught Kid about to collapse into a deep darker hole.

"Hang on, Kid." Liz transformed back into a human and used Patty to shoot at the sea witch.

"No one hurts my friends." Says Maka as she swung Soul (aka her scythe).

With your rifle and Liz's pistol, you were able to shoot the sea witch as she ran back into the deep waters from whence she came.

Both you and Liz let your arms drop from aim. Patty transformed back into a human as did Crystal. With Kid in your arms you panted. Soul and Maka sat down for a minute.

"You okay, sis?" Patty asked.

"Slight bruising, but I'll be okay." Liz said turning to Kid and you.

Crystal looked at you, "Y/N?" You began to rip a piece of your shirt off, wrapping it over Kid's eyes.

"Kid won't be able to see for a few days." You said, upset. "As soon as the sea witch dug her nails into Kids neck, she gave him her poison. Black Hell."

"What's that?" Asked Patty.

"Black Hell is a rare poison only found in a certain seaweed as black as sleep." Crystal said.

"Oh. I've read about this. Patty and I read a book in class on this." Liz said.

"So the sea witch's poison is able to blind people." Maka said.

"If the poison is inserted into a certain spot on the body, yes. Thank you, guys, for all of your help today." You said.

"We couldn't capture her soul, but it could've been worse." Soul said.

"We need to leave this place. Stein will know how to help him." Maka said. Liz carried Kid on her back as you saw him quickly open his eyes.

"Wait..." Kid whimpered, grabbing your fingers. Liz stopped. "I'm scared..." Wait a second. Kid's never scared. What made this time so different? Continuing to walk, Liz walked slower as the two of you held hands. "Please, Y/N. Don't let go." Kid finished. You could feel his fear in his hands as they trembled. 

"I promise I won't." You said, gently rubbing your thumb on his knuckles. He fell unconscious. 

You and the gang flew quickly back to Death City.

°°°

Hey guys! This is one of my first fanfictions published! I hope you guys all like Death the Kid as much as I do! This year has been wild for all of us and we're all getting through it together so I hope this story can help ease your mind at the end of the day!